How do you choose a surgeon?

I would like to have a breast enlargement. I am currently a 30A and would like to move to a C/D. Apart from the usual making sure they are GMC, Baaps, mentor implants I am not sure what else I am looking for?! Is there a rating system for surgeons? What makes one better than another? Should we go for a surgeon who is also on the NHS? Help?! Ideally I would like to have the surgery in Birmingham, UK.
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

How to choose a surgeon

Make sure you choose a fully qualified plastic surgeon that is registered with your national board of plastic surgery. You could look on real self to see reviews of your surgeon and ask questions about the type of surgery you are interested in having done. Go and have a consultation with the surgeon of your choice and make sure you feel comfortable with them.

How to choose a surgeon for breast enlargement

In addition to the criteria you wrote, I recommend considering the number of cases the doctor has performed to assess his or her experience, your in-person evaluation of their results by looking at before and after photos of actual patients, and your over all feeling toward the doctor of trust and confidence. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." Hope this helps; good luck to you.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

How do you choose a surgeon?

Thank you for the important question; when it comes to achieving an outcome that you will be pleased with, careful selection of plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make.  Make sure that your chosen plastic surgeon is certified by your national Board of plastic surgery.  Make sure that he/she can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieved the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.
 *** In other words, I suggest you ask to see as many examples as possible of similar patients who your plastic surgeon has helped with breast surgery. If possible, speak to previous patients as well.