Any suggestions for Breast Augmentation correction? (photos)

Hi I want to get my boobs redone. I have 420cc in the left and 390cc in the right. I think I have something wrong on the bottom of my right boob? I also want my nipple lifted or a benelift on the left boob and I want the same size implant in each boob now. The left boob was saggier initially so I'm hoping the bigger implant would have stretched out my right boob so the assymetry is better once I have the correction because there will be more skin now?

Breast Revision with a Lift to Address Assymetry

A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss . Some patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #AugmentationMastopexy.Altogether, the surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the nipple and areolae of the desired size and correct heightmay also be addressed. I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Breast revision

There does seem to be a difference in the left and right breasts but it is important to discuss with your PS what your concerns are... is it the nipple position or is it the inframammary crease asymmetry.  Both can be improved but with slightly different approaches.  The former can be improved with a lift while the latter may require capsule supporting sutures and tightening.  A combination of approaches can also be used.  Talk to your PS and they can help guide you

John Y.S. Kim, MD, FACS

Thanks you for your question and photographs.

It does look as if you have a significant difference between your 2 breasts.  Your right nipple is higher than the left and the left is slightly more lateral.

It would be helpful to know which side you prefer and how you feel about the size of your bust.  Also details of the type of implant you have and whether it is behind the muscle or not.

I do however agree with the other surgeons that it would be best to avoid further scarring on your bust if possible and an internal support might be the best option for you.

Best wishes

Adrian Richards

Any suggestions for Breast Augmentation correction?

It's always somewhat difficult to judge from a photograph but it's my impression that your right breast implant is too large and sitting too low on your chest wall. I would consequently first think of exchanging the right implant to a smaller sized implant than present now and perform a capsulorrhaphy to raise the right side crease. I do not think that you should undergo a Benelli uplift on the left side since your nipple position is quite satisfactory. Remember most women are naturally asymmetric and some asymmetry may be preferable to over operating and leaving unnecessary scars.  Good luck and enjoy your results.  Jon A Perlman MD FACS

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Thank you for the question and pictures. Your concerns regarding breast asymmetry are understandable. Exactly what operation you should undergo to improve your symmetry will best be discussed in front of a full-length mirror. Options include adjustment of the breast implant pockets ( for example, capsulorraphy) and/or breast lifting surgery. You may find the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Breast Implant revision to improve symmetry and nipple position.

Thanks for your question about breast implant revision.

I am sorry to hear that you are concerned about your results and wish to seek revision surgery.  I understand your concern and do see that the distance from your breast crease to the nipple is different both before and after surgery.  Understanding asymmetry issues before surgery and making specific adjustments to avoid or minimize them post surgery is important.  I think an implant exchange and adjustment of the nipple to fold distance could improve your symmetry and centralize the position of your nipple.  Visit with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Hi there,
Looking at your whole body picture I think it will be not be justified to have scars of your breast with any kind of NAC relocation, mestopexy or breast lift.
What you have now is too much of breast or the implant inside below the nipples and therefore the breast looks saggy and NAC looks ill positioned.
If you were my patients I will go for replacement to what ever size is your dream boobs but the new cavity that to be created has to be at the upper half of the breast and no more new space should be opened up in the lower part of the breast.
I wish you good luck

Revision surgery will improve results

Some of your pitfalls of your results are predictable from your preoperative photo.  You had a longer nipple to fold length on your right side.
I would do a fold resection and change implants to an Inspira type breast implants.  I have found that these implants sit higher an are less likely to bottom out.
Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry correction

If the difference between the two breasts bothers you to the point of undergoing a revision, I must tell you that this is a pretty tricky situation. It is unlikely that you will achieve a good symmetry in shape with just a periareolar lift on the left breast. In fact, you may need a bilateral full lift to bring the skin envelopes of your breasts to similar shapes and to get good fullness of the upper poles. It should be possible to use implants of the same size, ideally a little bit smaller than what you have now, and I do not think that the current 30cc difference in volume between your implants is really doing a lot to correct the volume asymmetry. An uplift would also allow some volume adjustment/reduction on the bigger breast, if needed. 

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon