Arm lift... Could a good result be achieved in one operation? (photos)

I've been told due to excess skin having lost 13 stone that I would need to operations to achieve a decent result. I want to find a surgeon in Birmingham who can tackle this and give me the results I want. I don't know who to go to as I need a contouring specialist.
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Arm lift . . . . is one procedure enough?

You appear to be an ideal candidate for an arm lift. Based on what I can see in your photos, I might recommend treatment with a single procedure. This operation would include liposuction of residual fat, located along the back of the arm, in addition to excision of the excess skin. Although a satisfactory result would be expected after just one procedure, it's always possible that patients will benefit from a revision or re-tightening in the future. I hope that's been helpful.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Arm Lift

You're an excellent candidate for an arm lift in one procedure. It is feasible to get a significantly caught improved contour.

It's essential to see a plastic surgeon who is certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and has extensive experience in the procedure.

I wish you the best,

Dr. Gabbay.

Joubin Gabbay, MD

Arm lift in one procedure?

Thank you for your question about your arm lift.
  • Congratulations on  your weight loss! Well done.
  • Your adviceis correct - you need a long-incision arm lift with liposuction for your best result.
  • You need to find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in cosmetic plastic operations.
  • In the UK, they will be members of the Royal College of Plastic Surgeons.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Arm lift arm reduction arm liposuction brachioplasty long arm scar mini arm lift modified T arm lift crescent arm lift

Hi Lookingformybody,
Thank you for your questions regarding an arm lift or brachioplasty.  You do not need two arm surgeries.  You need one arm surgery done correctly.  I would suggest an arm lift or more accurately, an arm reduction (brachioplasty).  During this surgery, arm fat is removed with arm liposuction and direct excision.  In addition, arm skin is removed through direct excision.  Arm liposuction and arm skin CAN SAFELY be performed at the same time.  Your best arm lift or arm reduction results will be achieved with an incision from your armpit to your elbow.  This is called a longitudinal arm lift. 
Your longitudinal arm reduction would take about three to four hours under general anesthesia. After your arm lift (brachioplasty), you should be able to return to work after one or two weeks.   
If you have an questions regarding arm lift, arm reduction, or brachioplasty, please contact my office.  
good luck!
J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS