Wanting Breast implants. What can I do?

I've always wanted bigger breast I have always been a size A cup. I breastfed & now my breast are completely flat. have been wearing a bombshell bra with two thick gel pad inserts for the last 4 years. I'm so insure of my breast. I dream of wearing clothes & feeling normal about my body. I plan to get breast implants when I get my taxes. I have tried many credit Lenders but I can't get approved. I have also tried getting a loan from the bank. I was wondering if there's anything else I can do?

Financing for Elective Surgery #plasticsurgeryfinancing

Hi there, thanks for sharing your questions. I agree with my colleagues and suggest saving your money until you are financially stable to afford elective surgery. Many practices also offer payment plans where patients can pay a fixed rate every week/bi-week/month/etc up until their surgery date. That is something to consider in your case. I wish you all the best. -Brian Coan, MD, FACS

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Using your tax return money for Breast Augmentation is a great way to fund your surgery. It will definitely be worth your wait. Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Wanting Breast implants. What can I do?

You sound like an excellent candidate for a breast augmentation. If your credit is such that a loan is not possible, the only answer is to start a savings account for your surgery. It will be a good motivator for you to put some money aside each month.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Affording Breast Implants

Thank you for your question. There are different financing companies that deal with cosmetic surgery patients regularly. It sounds like you may have already tried them and have been denied. In that situation it is best to set aside some money and save for your surgery over time. Find a plastic surgeon and arrange a consultation so that you can find out if you are a good candidate and exactly how much your procedure would cost. Good luck. 

Breast implants

If you want breast implants and you are a good candidate for breast implants then go for it.  Implants will add volume to your breasts but they won't change the basic shape of your breasts.  What they look like now is what they will look like later when everything settles, only fuller.  If you are sagging at all then a breast lift might be your best bet.  Without pictures or a consultation and examination it is difficult to guide you.  I would suggest scheduling a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and review your options with you.  As for financing, most plastic surgeons have some kind of financing options.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

What to do

I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss all your concerns. If you are near a large city that offers a training program for plastic surgeons, you might want to visit their clinic. Many times you can get excellent work with a lower price. Otherwise, save your money.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Wanting Breast implants. What can I do?

Although this may not be the answer you wish to hear: it is always in patient's best interest to achieve a certain degree of financial stability prior to undergoing elective surgery of any type. Patients should also keep in mind that additional surgery may be necessary in the short or long term, following the primary procedure that is being performed; this additional surgery may be associated out-of-pocket expenses. Again, best to achieve a physical, emotional, psychosocial, and financial “stable state” prior to considering elective plastic surgery. Best wishes.

Breast Implants

Hi Dreaming,
Sorry you became completely flat.  This is pretty common after breastfeeding.  Three things, first, I would go to an office that uses Alphaeon credit.  They have worked by far the best for us.  Second, I know there are two very inexpensive BA PS in Birmingham, because they are my friends.  Finally, Be sure to see only a board certified plastic surgeon (by ABPS - The American Board of Plastic Surgery) who is a member of ASAPS (The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) and or a member of ASPS (The American Society of Plastic Surgeons). Also, ask if they have an established, high volume breast augmentation practice, performing several hundred breast augmentations each year. Be sure the PS has been in practice for a while, 20-years or more might be a good gauge.Does the PS offer all three incisions?Discuss the implant type (gel or saline), shaped "gummy bear" or non-shaped, smooth or textured, implant pocket (over or under the muscle) and the "quick recovery approach."Ask to see their before and after photos if you didn’t see any on their website. If they are experienced, they should have several 100 breast implant patients for you to view. I would also recommend that your doctor offer you the chance to talk to past patients who would be happy to discuss their experience with you. You need to feel comfortable, so make sure the environment is safe as in an accredited surgery center. Also, ask a prospective surgeon if he or she has ever published journal articles in professional peer-reviewed journals, which they can provide you.All the best, “Dr. Joe”

Invest In Yourself

Like any decision in life, the risks and the rewards have to make sense.  For the best return on investment, do your homework.  Consult with board certified and reputable plastic surgeons and build a relationship that will give the outcome you deserve.  Hasty or poorly planned decisions could lead to disappointment. 

Breast Implants

When people decide to have plastic surgery, they are often ready to "take the plunge" right away.  That is understandable. But, it is important to remember than the results of plastic surgery are permanent. While you are taking your time to save money, also take time carefully researching plastic surgeons. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon