Can a tummy tuck, breast reduction and Brazillan but lift be done at the same time along with hernia repair? (Photo)

I weight 230 and I am 5'10. Is it hard to find a PS to take insurance for breast reduction and hernia repair? The tummy tuck part I know I would be responsible for. I would also like a brazillan but lift but would like to get the others 1st knowing that I would have to stay off my butt for awhile. Desperate for answers

Multiple procedures at same time

While multiple procedures can be performed, you may want to have multiple stages in order to achieve what you seek in the safest possible manner. Consult with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Combining Multiple Procedures in a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Go for it!

Finding a doc who is able to do everything for you shouldn't be difficult. I would start with the ASAPS find-a-doc and get a couple of oppinions.  Insurance coverage for breast reduction can be hard to get approved sometimes so that may be your biggest challenge.  Otherwise, tummy tucks can easily be combined with breast reduction.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Combining procedures

A breast lift and hernia repair can be combined. I would then suggest a BBL and once you've healed a tummy tuck for the final results. As for finding a doctor who will do your breast reduction under insurance, if you call your insurance company they should be able to give you a list of who takes your insurance in your area.

Thank you for your question and for sharing your pictures!

Melinda Lacerna, MD FACS

A lot of surgery

That is a lot of surgery to have done in one setting.  I would advise against it. Do the hernia and tummy tuck first.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Planning breast reduction and tummy tuck

Thank you for your question about your breast reduction and tummy tuck.

• Unfortunately, because of poor reimbursements from insurance, many plastic surgeons no longer accept insurance.
  • There are some and you can definitely call the plastic surgeons in and around Birmingham.
  • Others will require pre-payment and will then submit to insurance for you after surgery.
  • Yes, a tummy tuck, hernia repair and breast reduction can often be done at one time.
  • But it is a lengthy surgery and risks are higher.
  • You surgeon will advise you if s/he is willing to combine the procedures.
  • If you were to lose weight before surgery, it is more likely the procedures can be combined because your risks will be less.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Combined procedures

If you are in good health, you may be able to have a breast reduction and a tummy tuck at the same time. Once you have recovered, at a later stage, you could have a Brazilian buttock lift procedure. Consult with a few plastic surgeons for an exam in person and a review of your medical history. You may even qualify for the breast reduction to be covered by your health insurance.

William Bruno, MD

Requesting A Lot of Surgery At Once

Thank you for your pictures.  I think that you are asking a bit much to be accomplished at the same time.  You need to have these procedures separated.   If you have more than an umbilical hernia then the hernia needs to be addressed by a general surgeon.  This should be performed first.  The cosmetic procedures should be performed after that in the following order: BBL/liposuction 6 months later followed by Breast Reduction and the Tummy Tuck.

Mommy makeover with hernia repair. Some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

After analyzing all the information submitted to us, I can realize that you have a very large and heavy breasts leading to discomfort and chronic pain and eventually may cause permanent damage osteoarticular in the neck, back, shoulders and skin problems (especially under the breasts). For these reasons, we should consider performing a breast reduction surgery on you.
it would be good to know the type of hernia and the size of it for better consideration.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Can a tummy tuck, breast reduction and Brazillan but lift be done at the same time along with hernia repair?

Hello, generally multiple procedures can be combined, but, in this case I do not recommend having all three of these procedures at the same time. I recommend proceeding with the tummy tuck, hernia repair and breast reduction first. I recommend the butt lift once you have healed and your plastic surgeon feels it is safe to move forward with the second surgery. 

Jeremy A. Benedetti, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon