Will my tuberous breasts round out or will I need surgery? (Photo)

I believe I have tuberous breasts, or I'm guessing, and I'm very insecure about them. However, I am young and still have some developing to do. Is there any chance they will take shape? If not, wha could be done to correct them? Thank you.

Breast shape

In general, if you want your breast fuller and are happy with the shape of them, then an implant will be fine. Keep in mind an implant will only "fill our breast up" it will not "lift them up". They will look just like they do now, they are just bigger and fuller with an implant only. If you feel this will meet your goals, then an augmentation should be fine. If you are unhappy with the position of your breast and feel they are too low or dont like the shape of them as in a tuberous breast, then an implant will likely not satisfy you and you will want to consider the lift. A lift will "lift them up" and put them in a higher position, change the size of the areola and "lift" them off of your chest. Often times both of these procedures are combined to achieve an optimal result. By lifting them and adding volume, the breast will not only sit higher on your chest but will also have the nice fullness from the implant. In your case a breast lift with augmentation is likely going to give you the best result.

Dr Scott Ennis

Will tuberous breasts round out?

It is not likely that your tuberous breasts will round out. The excess, thin areolar skin has created a herniated puffy appearance which can only be corrected by removal of the excess areolar skin using a donut or circumareolar mastopexy incision. While the technique is frequently referred to as a lift, it is also used to reduce the size of the areola and to correct the bulging areola of the tubular breast. If the appearance of your breasts concern you after they are fully developed, you should contact a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation.

Henry Wells, MD
Lexington Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast correction advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, i can identify that you have a underveloped and mild tubular Breast. 
I recommend you perform a Tubular Breasts Correction with Breast Augmentation using silicon implants, at the same surgical time.

There is a surgical technique for Tuberous Breasts correction, by which it is arranged the tuberous areolar ring from inside, without requiring areolar reduction. In this technique we also need silicon implants, to get a better Breast volume and projection.

Therefore it is very important that the plastic surgeon who will perform the surgery, has the skills and vast experience in this type of procedure.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tuberous breasts

These will not usually round out on their own.  A periareolar lift with an implant would be indicated to correct this.  Best wishes, Dr. T 

Tuberous Breasts

Thank you for your question and photo. You do demonstrate tuberous breast characteristics. These features are not likely to change without surgical intervention. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss in person what you would like to change and what your best options are.
All the best

Tuberous breasts

Dear Sally,   Thanks for submitting your picture. Sorry about insecurity, however, indeed, you have tuberous breasts. Unfortunately, your breasts shape will not change or improve with time. The good news  is that your breasts shape can be improved into beautiful breasts by having mini lift surgery (donut, Benneli) alone or breasts augmentation with mini lift. These procedures will give you perky breasts with smaller and flatter areolas. That will be one of the best investment in yourself. It will increase you self esteem , sense of femininity and will make shopping fun...   You have to realize that not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good and safe outcome. So do your due diligence and choose wisely.   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for you safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.                Best of luck,                                     Dr Widder

Will Tuberous Breast round up with Time?

Tuberous breasts, a subgroup of Constricted Breasts, are caused by a structural construction around the periphery preventing them from being round much like Christmas trees are sold with small ropes around them to keep the branches in. As such they cannot improve with time unless these bands are surgically divided and usually kept apart by the placement of an implant. It is a very common problem and could be fixed when you have reached full maturity. Dr. Peter A. AldeaMemphis, TN

Will my tuberous breasts round out or will I need surgery?

Thank you for your question and photo.  Based on your photo you do have some features of tuberous breast.   It is unlikely that this anatomy will change with time.  Surgical procedures are available to improve the shape of tuberous breast.  However these procedures often require an incision around the areola and in most cases a second procedure is often required.  Please consult an expert board-certified plastic surgeon.

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  I do believe you have evidence of tuberous breast formation with an elevated and constricted breast fold and breast tissue herniation into your nipple. Though best to allow yourself to fully develop before pursuing any correction, typically placement of an implant and lift can help improve upon your current appearance.  Hope this helps.

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation .It also depends on where the blood clot was. You should check with the surgeon of your choice.