Any thoughts on what available to fix my nose? Does it appear that I have a high bridge and bulbous tip? (photos)

For as long as I can remember I've been overly conscious of my nose to the point that my kids now have zero pictures with me in the photo. It appears long, masculine and crooked in my opinion. In recent years I've noticed the tip is larger, crooked and deviates to one side as well. Based on the images, any recommendations as to how to make my nose a bit softer, feminine and not so harsh? Thanks in advance.

Any thoughts on what available to fix my nose?

Hi, I have performed and taught Rhinoplasty for over 30 years.  From the photos, your nose has an over-projected (sticks too far off of the face) tip making the dorsal bridge a bit scooped.  The nasal tip is wide, asymmetric and slightly over rotated at ~120 degrees (female tip ideal rotation 105 to 115 degrees).  Rhinoplasty can address these areas and refine the nose making it more feminine and naturally attractive.

The photos also reveal a weak chin and cheeks that are flat anteriorly (in the front).  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face appear shorter which de-emphasizes the shape and fullness of the lips.  Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found placing a silastic chin implant through a small, curved, incisions under the chin to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty that requires bone cuts with placement of screws and metal plates.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation using a dermal filler (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or with cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks anteriorly that will feminize the entire face.   I frequently combine these procedures wiith Rhinoplasty.

Hope this helps.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hope this helps.

Nose job

Kmiller0404, I've seen noses a lot worse than yours over the past 25 years! However you would benefit from a well done rhinoplasty. Your tip and ventrum need refining and perhaps a small chin implant would be beneficial. See an experienced specialist with good Internet photos and you will be happy! Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose job

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Your pictures are very helpful to see the issues that you are concerned about. I do computer imaging to go over the surgical plan. You should get great results. 

Rhinoplasty

Any thoughts on what available to fix my nose? Does it appear that I have a high bridge and bulbous tip?

YES! A FULL open rhinoplasty with spreader grafts would vastly improve your nose. Fee range from $8,000.........

Improving the nasal tip

Thanks for your question.  As you may already know, Rhinoplasty is a very challenging procedure that requires a facial specialist to balance all aspects of the nose to the face.  In looking at your pictures, I see a few things.  First, the dorsum has a slight hump, but it appears diminished in relation to the tip, which is overly rotated (turned up) and slightly over-projected (pushed out from the face).  Once these two issues are addressed alone, there will be a profound difference, however thats not all.  The paired cartilages of the tip of the nose are very dissimilar and some very detailed moves will have to be performed to make those cartilages symmetric. 
Overall, I do not believe your case is the most challenging, but I think that you should definitely seek the advice of a double board certified Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon whom specializes in this.
Hope this helps

Improving the nasal tip

Hope this helps

Yup. Bulbous tip, and overall the nose can be made smaller.

See the "Web reference" link, below. I made some computer morphs and animations to some of the photos that you submitted. In the morphs, I elevated the tip of your nose, brought the tip back closer to your face, lowered the height of the bridge, and especially narrowed the tip.

Since you've always thought your nose looked masculine and too big, yours is the nose that should have a substantial change. It would be a shame to "tweak" your nose and end up with a nose that's better, but one you still think is too big.

You have a few features to your nose that make it an especially difficult rhinoplasty: You are looking for a substantial change, much of the problem is with the tip of the nose, and there is significant asymmetry to the tip. Work on the tip requires very advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle. You must see before and after photos of other patients with your kind of nose from any surgeon you are considering for your surgery.

I looked carefully at your photos. Although they are not in great detail, I personally do not see enough of a problem to justify surgical intervention..
Good luck.

Good luck.

Nasal Tip

Thank you for your question.  Yes, I believe an open Rhinoplasty would address many of your concerns.  During this procedure, your surgeon will reshape the underlying cartilage of the nose with sutures, and can even reduce the size of the cartilages.  The operation can also correct asymmetries of the tip, as well.  This will help to soften the nose and make it appear more feminine.  

Be sure to consult with a Board Certified Facial Plastic or General Plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty.    

I hope that this helps!
-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Tip

I hope that this helps!
-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is Available to Fix My Nose?

You have a deviated nose with an asymmetrical, over-projected tip. The best available option to fix this is an experienced  rhinoplasty specialist who devotes most of their practice to this work.

What is Available to Fix My Nose?

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would worthwhile. The areas that concern you can be realistically improved either  through a closed or open approach.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

If you are still ambivalent about undergoing the procedure after having plastic surgery consultations, I would suggest that you not have the procedure until you are sure that you want to do it.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla,California

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla,California