How many syringes of juvederm would I need for cheek and lip enhancement? (Photo)

I'm looking to enhance my cheekbones to add some volume to my lips. I'm only 18 so I'm not worried about smoothing out wrinkles, only adding volume to the cheeks and lips. how many syringes do you think I would need for this?

Juvederm

Hi princessmobers

Thank you for your question and photo.  It is hard to say what you would need based on how much volume you want. Every individual is different in terms of anatomy and desires. It is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out what you would benefit most from.  Best of luck to you

Will depend

Honestly, without an in person exam, it is impossible to give you a truly accurate response. I would suggest that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist in your area (link below) to discuss your options. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

How many syringes of juvederm would I need for cheek and lip enhancement?

Thank you for your question and photo.  I would start with a thorough discussion about your goals and how much augmentation you are desiring.  This can range from two to three syringes of Juvederm to five or more.  Most of my patients would start with a syringe in each cheek and one for the lips.  More can always be added if one seeks more enhancement.  The best results are those that seek a natural appearance.  

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Cheek and Lip enhancement with Juvederm

Yes, indeed you are young! The most critical step is finding a trusted physician who can address your needs and give you the best advice as far as enhancing your features with dermal fillers. 1 syringe is more than enough to achieve a fuller enhanced lip, especially since you have not lost volume in your lips yet (something that happens later on as we age). As far as your cheeks are concerned, you may achieve the desired result of enhancing your cheek area with 1/2 syringe per cheek. That is one of the best things about dermal filler, you can always add more to achieve more of a result at a subsequent visit. 

Manish Khanna, MD, FRCP(C)
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

How to achieve desired aesthetic goals

The best way to determine how much product will be required is to have a discussion with a highly experienced physician who understands your aesthetic goals and can then make recommendations for a treatment plan. It is always best to be conservative but sometimes more product is required than others depending on underlying facial structures, naturally occurring volume, and the patient's objectives and goals.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cheek and lip augmentation

On average, it takes at least one syringe of filler per cheek  to see a noticable effect.  You are still quite young and have full lips to begin with. Lips enhanacement can be tricky and I would caution again adding too much volume to avoid an over-plumped or fake look. It is important to maintain balance and symmetry to your face.

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Voluma

Depending on the volume that you want you would need one to two syringes of Voluma for the cheeks.  The lips would be one syringe of Juvederm.  It is important to consult an experienced physician in cosmetic facial injections for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Fillers to cheek and lips

Often I use one to the lips and sometimes a 2nd. The cheeks if you want improvement often need at least one to each side and sometimes more. Best of luck.

The cost of fillers varies depending on the surgeon, the part of the country, and any discounts that may apply when using multiple syringes. Voluma can cost anywhere between $700 to $1000. Juvederm van be $400 to $600. These are only estimates. If this is a true and currrent photo of yourself, then cheek enhancement is not unreasonable. However, your lips are quite full and proportional to your facial features. You may want to go slowly in enhancing your lips to avoid an unnatural appearance.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

The number of syringes of Juvederm for volumization of your cheeks and lips depends on your goals. A single syringe will result in very subtle changes that may be barely noticeable. To see more significant changes, you will most likely need 2 or more syringes. Thank you for sharing your photo and question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD