Swelling after lipoma removal from the back of my head

I had a lipoma removed from the rear of my head and 2 weeks after had stitches removed. I felt the area and felt as if it had filled with water substance which then leaked out one of my stitches. I then compressed the area and put a dressing on it and in the morning it was fine 24 hours later the area has filled back up again with the watery substance. Incision was 10cm across. Should I leave it for another week of see my doctor?

Lipoma removal in Los Angeles

Fluid accumulation is not uncommon after lipoma removal. Take care of the incision line and apply pressure when appropriate. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Swelling after lipoma removal from back of my head

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your recovery issues.  Based on your narrative it appears that you are suffering with the formation of a seroma - a discrete fluid collection occupying the space where the lipoma was previously.  Your incision and fluid collection needs to be seen by your surgeon so that they can attempt conservative care with aspiration and a compression dressing to prevent reaccumulation.  Hope this helps.