Strained muscle 4 days after breast augmentation

I am 4 days post op. I had 400cc saline implants. Today I was on my knees in the floor. I put my right hand on the coffee and pushed to help myself stand up. I instantly had a sharp almost cold feeling pain. I instantly grabbed an ice packs and iced for 30 min. But I'm concerned. Should I be worried?

Your only 4 days after breast augmentation.  Sensor implants were most likely placed under the chest muscle it does not surprise me that he would feel discomfort pushing herself up from the coffee table as you are contracting her pectoralis muscle on that side.  I doubt that you could have produced any damage.  As long as your breast now feels normal I would not worry.   If you have significant swelling of that breast with very very intense pressure and pain then you could have caused a hematoma or bleeding and in that case she should be seen immediately by your surgeon.

Pain after BAM

Thank you for your question. If the implants are placed under the pectoral muscles then in the early stages any motion which incorporates those muscles can elicit pain which is what happened in your case. But you did the right thing which is to ice it right away. Still the best thing would be to be looked at by your plastic surgeon to make sure it did not lead to any bleeding inside as that could lead to more likely hood of a capsular contracture down the road. So please call your surgeons office and be checked out. Have a great day. Best of luck.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

If you are concerned something is wrong, you should contact your operating surgeon to be seen in person. Continue to take it easy and review your post operative instructions on what you should and shouldn't be doing, in the mean time. For my patients I require them to use their arms as little as possible and keep their elbows to their sides. Do NOT lift more than 2lbs. Do NOT push or pull yourself up with arms. Do NOT lift arms above your head. Hope this helps.