Seeking surgeon with exceptional tummy tuck scar and belly button skills?

I see a large number of post op pics where the belly button looks like a complete perfect circle, tiny, or just a slit and none of these are realistic looking at all. Also, have read tummy tuck scars can be hidden by bikini but post op pics on websites don't prove this claim. If you have had great results with an Alabama doctor please do send your recommendations.

Thank you for your question and I commend you on performing your research.  Though no one can guarantee a particular result or outcome due to the variability of the healing process, certain steps can be taken to improve the details of particular surgeries, such as the the belly button appearance after a tummy tuck.  Though I can not refer a specific surgeon, I am attaching a link to the american society of plastic surgeons website that will allow you to search for board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.  It will give you a list of physicians based on their distance from your location. Hope that this helps. 

Tummy Tuck - Finding A Surgeon?

Thank you for your question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your tummy tuck results. You need to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in body contouring procedures. The ASPS website will provide a list of properly trained surgeons in your area. You should go on several consultations and see who you like best. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the question.  You are not alone; many patients are very concerned about the postoperative appearance of their umbilicus. Ultimately, the appearance of your umbilicus will be largely dependent on the technical skill and the aesthetic sense of your chosen plastic surgery. This is one of the many reasons why selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decisions you make.  Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work and preferably see/talk to patients who your prospective  plastic surgeon has helped in the past.

Understandably, the appearance of the umbilicus is of great importance to many patients undergoing tummy tuck surgery; after all, it may be the only telltale sign of having undergone the tummy tuck surgery when the patient is wearing a swimming suit or undergarments. The umbilicus should be positioned carefully; if it is too high or too low, it may be a sign of tummy tuck surgery. Ifit is too round or slit like it may also look "surgical". Most patients prefer a relatively small and oval-shaped umbilicus.

I hope this, and the attached link/video, helps.

Board certified plastic surgeon

There are any number of factors that contribute to a favorable outcome from scar standpoint, but surgeon skill is certainly one of them. My best advise would be for you to peruse the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website to find the board certified plastic surgeons in your area. Then, check out each one's website and then book a consultation or two with the ones whose tummy work you like best. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar 

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tummytuck Surgery

Tummytuck surgery is fairly straight forward and my best advice is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon is your area. Check with websites of ASAPS or ASPS. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. If you are an appropriate candidate, a tummy tuck can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  The belly button can be designed to look natural and have no scars on the exterior.   Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Scar quality is not consistent predictable with an Abdominoplasty. There are many factors that contribute to the long term post-op result and appearance of the scar. Too many to address at this time. The best Tummy Tuck patient has significant excess skin and fat, and is NOT overly concerned about the scar. If the scar troubles you- best NOT to have the operation. The bellybutton  can be designed to meet your needs by careful communication with your Surgeon