Will my scar be ok? (photo)

I hah liposuction 1 month ago in abdominal and flanks , my right scar seems to have gone hard and raised higher than the one on the left giving it a wonky affec. It seems to be denting a little when I stretch my body up strait. My surgeon told me to keep doing light massaged and it will loosen and won't cause me any problems . Should I be worried that this will stay like this ?

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

This needs to be massaged properly and get RF treatments right away to avoid any permanent fibrosis/tightening.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Scarring

You are early in your recovery still.  It will take several more weeks for your body to heal.  In the meantime, continue to follow your plastic surgeon's advice.  Massaging the area can help loosen scar tissue in that area and allow it to settle more evenly.  I know it's hard, but try to be patient.

Camille Cash, MD

Scar from lipo

Thank you for your question. Youy are in early healing phase. They usually look better and settled in 6 months. You will be fine in 6 months time and meanwhile follow instructions from your PS

Liposuction - will my scar be ok?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • It is early days in your healing 
  • Your surgeon is right - things should improve.
  • Give it six months to settle down -
  • if it doesn't, your surgeon can easily correct it with a minor, local anesthesia procedure.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Will my scar be ok?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Most scars tend to soften and flatten with time.  At a month from surgery you are still likely experiencing asymmetry in results due to swelling which needs additional time to resolve. I would discuss with your surgeon the ability to scar massage to help soften both of your scars as well as a silicone based scar gel.  Hope this helps.

Scar

Time is your ally. Tissues and scars typically soften and lighten over a period of months - not weeks. Follow your surgeon's instructions for the best opportunity for the best result.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD