Can you have Restylane Lyft or Silk if you have had a staph infection caused by a central line?

If so, which is less likely to cause bruising in smile lines and pockets that show when smiling at corner of mouth

Restylane and recent infection

I would not recommend injection of any type of filler during or shortly after an infection. I would recommend waiting at least 4-6 weeks once the infection has cleared before having filler injected and making sure your physician uses meticulous sterile technique. Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience with fillers is recommended. Good luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Can I have Restylane Lyft?

This would not be a contraindication if its something that occurred in the past and you have no active infection. A good skin prep will be  a must with Hibiclens first and and Chloraprep too. Seek an experienced injector who can explain the risks of the procedure.

Warmest regards, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Restylane Lyft or Silk after staph infection

You should give yourself a rest of few weeks after the infection is gone. Before committing yourself to any cosmetic procedures, especially fillers, consult your physician. When it comes to choosing between Restylane Lyft or Silk it depends on your personal case. If you have more wrinkles around your lips and want to make your lips appear fuller, Restylane Silk is better option. For eliminating smile lines and giving fullness to your cheeks, Restylane Lift is a way to go. Make sure to inform your chosen expert about your infection once you decide to have fillers. Best of luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

I would wait

If you were my patient I would have you wait at least a full month after cessation of antibiotics from the infection. That is a conservative move but I think it is best in light of the infection. A central line means the infection had access to your blood stream. These fillers are synthetic so they can be a nidus for infection. 

As far as bruising I think the results are similar. At least in my hands. A key point would be to find a surgeon that uses cannulas. They have less bruising overall.

Hope this helps.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler after Staph Infection

Thank you for sharing your question. I strongly recommend waiting until the infection has completely cleared before pursuing any injectables. After the infection is cleared, be sure to check with your physician to make sure he/she agrees that you are healthy and ready for cosmetic injections. Best of luck. 

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Can you have Restylane with an infection

Thank you for your question about receiving Restylane Lyft or Silk if you have had a staph infection. 

It is NOT advised to receive dermal fillers if you have an active or recent skin infection.  These products are being injected deep into the skin, particularly Restylane Lyft which is typically place just on top of the facial bones.  The risk for a very significant and possibly life threatening infection is high if injected during a current or recent skin infection. 

To be sure you are receiving appropriate treatment, see two or more experienced, licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Restylane and Infection

It is best to avoid any cosmetic procedure until the injection has cleared up.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Fillers and Infection

If you currently have an infection you should avoid any cosmetic procedures.  Once you are healthy, local filler injections are safe.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fillers After Infection

Thank you for your question. Use of fillers in the setting of a recent infection would be contraindicated. If you had an infection in the past that has completely resolved with no recurrence than fillers should be safe. It would be best to discuss this with your primary physician to be sure there is no residual issue with your infection.
Restylane lift is an excellent product used to treat moderate to deep lines and folds and an excellent option to treat the oral commissure by the corner of the mouth. Restylane Silk is used for fine lines and lip augmentation and often these products are used in conjunction. Bruising is related to injection technique and not any specific product. Also, patients taking blood thinners and NSAiDS ( Alleve, Motrin, Advil etc) are more likely to bruise. Best sure to use a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for your treatment
Best of Luck
DrG

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Blood Infection and Fillers

Injectable man made fillers act like implants. Although they are largely very well tolerated by the body they do not posses an immune system and can be colonized by any large amount of bacteria in your blood. 
If you have an ongoing infection you should not put anything in the body such an implants, joints or fillers because they too may become infected. 
Mince the infection is cleared and verified so ( negative blood cultures, normal Sedimentation rate, normal white count eyc) you can have implants/fillers barring other issues. 

Good Luck
Peter Aldea MD