How much does a panniculectomy cost? Is it a common for people to get a lower body lift later after this due to finances?(photo)

I am 5'4 and 200 lbs. I had the gastric sleeve four years ago and lost 105 pounds. I can not afford to have the body lift which I am pretty sure I need. I was thinking about getting the panniculectomy for now because I can't afford the body lift. The excess skin is really bothering me. I am having back pain and the skin gets irritated. It's really hard to get Medicare to cover much of anything here in Alabama.

Panniculectomy/Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck/ Liposuction/Hi Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question. Congratulations on your weight loss!  What a great accomplishment ! Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Skin removal after weight loss

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Congratulations on the weight loss.  Skin removal surgery after weight loss has many options, but insurance doesn't cover most options.  A panniculectomy would be of some help to eliminate the last fold near your pubic area but I am concerned that it will not offer you enough of the improvement you seek.  Ideally, I think you would eventually benefit most from a fleur-de-lis extended tummy tuck and then at a second stage a bra line back lift or upper body lift.  These are expensive surgeries unfortunately.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD