I have small hump on bridge of nose but I'm concerned with how big tip nose is? Afraid it will look worse with surgery? (Photos)

Nose tip changes

When we alter one feature of the nose, the visual relationships ALL change. If we ONLY lower a hump, the bridge looks wider, if we ONLY narrow the bridge the tip looks wider. Etc, etc, etc.You may well need tip modification in order to maintain a pleasing aesthetic balance to your nose. Harder to say with not all views of your nose to evaluate. It also depends on your goals. An in-person exam will help you tremendously.

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip reduction and dorsal hump removal

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish reduction of the bulbous tip and shaving down the dorsal hump with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose.  To reduce the bulbous tip requires suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal applied to the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip.  For more information  and many  before and after examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty can make your nose more defined, and more feminine.  Your nose keeps growing as you age, and pregnancy seems to accelerate that!  I would explore your options, you will know if it is the right decision for you.  There is no substitute for seeing it in person, but appears from the pictures that reducing the tip would be a great option, and would fit your face much better :)

Choosing your surgeon wisely is important of course.

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose

applebear21, no one can or should tell you what you need done based on this one photo. I can tell you that it looks like you would be a candidate and you may need your nostrils worked on as well as a rhinoplasty. with that said, see an experienced facial expert who does "only faces" and has a lot of good photos to peruse. Search the Internet and see the video. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question.  You may need a nasal tip de-projection but I would need to see multiple views of your nose to determine this.   Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Concerned ppost surgery

Hard to give any advice based on the image but in general, removing a small bump on the nose will not make the tip look bigger. Your tip does appear to be full. This can be due to the shape of the cartilages or their position. It can also be from thick skin. See a board certified plastic surgeon for a good opinion. Good luck.

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon