So I'm 4 months post op and my surgeon has just admitted to me I had tuberous breast to begin with. (photos)

Had my surgeon told me I had tuberous breast before he operated I would have seemed advice from a tuberous breast specialist: he tells me these don't exist. He's said by him putting large implants in (as I'm unhappy only a C CUP And predicted bigger) this will make the under pole on the one bugger due to bigger inplant and will make it significantly less pointy. Is this true ? Also I'm paying extra to have lipo on the fatty bit between breast and armpit. Will this make them look better aswell?

Tubular breast

You Doctor is correct that there is no such thing as a specialist in tubular breast but the more experienced the plastic surgeon with breast augmentation as well as the amount of augmentations performed does typically correlate with the experience handling constricted or tubular breast. In your particular area there are several doctors with vast experience with breast augmentation and/ or reconstruction which should mean a large experience with your type of problem. I would suggest another consult for a second opinion if your not happy.  In your city either our practice or Dr Grotting , Dr Vanhoy are your best options. We do not charge for our consult if you would like a second opinion. Good luck.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after breast surgery…

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns after breast surgery.  It is very challenging to provide you with good advice based on the limited information; you will be best off communicating your concerns/goals/questions directly with your plastic surgeon in front of a full-length mirror. Working together you should come up with a plan to achieve an outcome you are happier with. Make sure that you learn about the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with all options to prevent further disappointment. Best wishes.

Revision issues for tuberous breasts

Your plastic surgeon is correct that there is no such thing as a "tuberous breast specialist." He is also correct that larger implants in a tuberous breast can create contour problems. Cup size cannot be accurately predicted because it is not just a volume measurement. You may benefit from a periareolar lift (Benelli). Implant exchange  options would depend on the dimensions and size of your current implants and the measurementsw of your breasts.

Richard Baxter, MD