Juvederm lump on nose. (photos)

I experienced some lumps after juverderm ultra on my nose. Two weeks later I went back to my doctor who used heavy massage which corrected other areas which had too much filler but this one area in particular hasn't been smoothed out. As you can see from the picture my profile is straight but from the front there is a little lump which is also causing contour irregularity. Shall I continue to massage the area myself? My doctor didn't want to use hyaluronidase, but will it definitely improve?

Lump dissolved with Hyaluronidase

You may still have some swelling. Rubbing the area might help correct it some more. If you are unhappy with your filler you can have it dissolved with hyaluronidase. After the injection of hyaluronidase you should see results withing a couple of hours and final results in two days.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

The continuation of massage may help.  If you see no improvement then hyaluronidase will dissolve the product.  If you do nothing, eventually the lump will gradually disappear.

Camille Cash, MD

Hyaluronidase will dissolve the filler placed in the nose.  If you do nothing it will eventually of away. Best of luck.

Fixing a Filler Bump

You may still have some swelling and more massage may improve it slightly. If you remain unhappy, you can have it dissolved with hyaluronidase and try a different technique next time. Best, Dr. Emer

When to Dissolve Product

Thank you for your question. Chances are, things will mildly improve with continued massage, but after 2 weeks any residual swelling has likely gone away - and what you're left with is probably what you're going to have for the long haul (months). If it continues to bother you, voice your concern to your injector, who can easily inject a hyaluronidase to remove excess product. After injection, you should see results within a couple hours, and final results after a day or two. Best of luck! 

Juvederm and Lumps on Nose

If you still have lumps after two weeks which cannot be massaged out I would recommend you return to your treating physician for Vitrase to remove the product.  Best, Dr. Green