I have a mole I'm worried about. Is it normal or should I get it checked out? (Photo)

I have always had this mole but recently it's changed, before it was one colour like the other moles next to it, but now it's gone darker in the middle. Is it normal or shoyld I get it checked out.

When in Doubt, get a consultation--Mole removal: lasers, radiowave, shave

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation. This can be improved or removed with lasers, radiowave or shave. Best, Dr. Emer

Mole concern

Hello and thanks for your question. 

Better safe than sorry! It's always better to get it biopsied. It's hard to tell where it is on your body but it doesn't appear to be on your face so cosmesis will be less of an issue! Find a dermatologist you can trust to take great care of you! There are a ton in Birmingham!

Hope this helps and God Bless!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Otolaryngologist

Darker Mole

Just by asking the question, "Should I have this checked out?" the answer is, "Yes."   Especially if there has been a pigment change in the mole.   We can answer a lot of questions here, but this is not a substitute for a real time exam by a qualified dermatologist.

Michael A. Greenberg, MD
Elk Grove Village Dermatologist