Can I get good results with lipo and bbl without getting a TT with an apple shaped body? I weigh 198lbs and I am 5'7. (photo)

Liposuction and BBL or Tummy Tuck too

1. For any acceptable result, you need at least a panniculectomy (removal of excess abdominal skin).
  2. Weight loss and exercise will improve your health and your result,
  3. An examination and discussion of pros/cons will help you decide if liposuction, muscle repair, upper back lift and circumferential liposuction for the BBL are best for you.

BBL alone?

I think that you can not get a good result with only a brazilian butt lift. Your abdomen hangs down and your have upper back rolls which are loose. You may want to do the BBL first and use fat from the abdomen, then have a formal tummy tuck when things settle.  Your upper back rolls may be a problem and may require excision as well. Best to be seen in person.  You also may want to lose some weight.

TT vs LIpo

Thank you for the pictures.

I don't think that you'll get successful results by only doing liposuction. I believe that you need several procedures to get to that apple shape body you want. First stage surgery would consist of a circular body lift, liposuction of the waist and lower back with fat transfer in to buttocks. In this case, I don't think enough fat can be transferred there because your skin seems really tight, making this really difficult to work with. In your second stage surgery, a back lift and axillary lift would be the final procedures to achieve the results. This would be after getting to at least 180 pounds.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck with Lipo& BBL

From the picture and information you supplied, there are 2 things that will give you the best cosmetic result.  First you need to lose more weight (as your pictures suggests you have lost a significant amount of weight, for which you should be congratulated), but you weight more someone 7 inches tall are than are then you should.  Then you will need an abdominoplasty.  Presently you have a significant abdominal apron.  As you lose more weight you will probably add to the abdominal muscular laxness that you almost certainly already have.  This is best treated with a tummy tuck.  At that time he may also need reduction of skin on your chest and back.  There may be some areas that you will want to liposuction and, if you still want a larger butt, you can also have a Brazilian Butt Lift at that time.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Can I get good results with lipo and bbl without getting a TT with an apple shaped body? I weigh 198lbs and I am 5'7.

In some patients I can reduce the waist by 8 inches or so. In some patients, I transfer up to 2000 cc per buttock, which will make anyone's buttocks have a lot of projection.    I do think a tummy tuck will be necessary after the BBL.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.