Trying to find the best plastic surgeon in my city for alar base reduction. I'm a African American male with thick skin. (photo)

I'm a African American male with thick skin and plan to have a alar base reduction in January... This question is to get the opinion of other surgeons, while looking at the two surgeons website in my area, their are no before and after pics of African American men or women but on the treatment list it says they specialize in this procedure.. Should I trust this with limited photos or keep searching??? Thanks for your response..

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Keep searching

You should keep searching until you are comfortable and have found an experienced BCPS who performs ethnic rhinoplasty surgery. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Keep searching

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

DrBurnett#realself100

Best Plastic Surgeon for AA nose

Every major metropolitan area offers surgeons specializing in rhinoplasty, interview a few and ask for before and after photos of their work.

Best Plastic Surgeon for AA nose

Considerations for Alar Base Reduction

Consider scheduling consultations with the plastic surgeons in your area and ask about their particular experience with AA male patients. Some patients do not wish to have there photos posted online and this may explain the lack of portfolio patients for you to see. Congratulation on searching for information regarding nasal enhancement. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Considerations for Alar Base Reduction

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

AA rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. It would be best to discuss with the physicians why they have limited photos and see if their reasoning makes sense. In my practice AA seeking rhinoplasty is often taboo and patients do not want their faces shown publicly. 

Good luck in finding the right doctor.

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

AA rhinoplasty

Good luck in finding the right doctor.

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Open rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping. With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Open rhinoplasty, some advices:

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD