Would fillers help my eye bags? (Photo)

I am 34 years old and just recently lost 30-40 lbs. now I have terrible eye bags and I want them corrected. I know surgery may be a good long term option but I would like to start with more conservative measures. Help

Under Eye Fillers or Lower Blepharoplasty

You have a demarcated tear trough with prolapse of your lower lid bags from having a weak septum. You also are starting to show some signs of fat atrophy to your face which can happen as early as in your 20's.
You can treat your lower eyelids permanently with a lower blepharoplasty, releasing the orbitomalar ligament and transposing some of your under eye fat to fill in the defect at the tear trough area. If you do not want surgery you can camouflage the bags with an HA filler. I would recommend Belotero to this area because it attracts less water and it does not tend to swell as much which is a common problem of other HA fillers in this area. Hope this was helpful. Good luck!

Eye bags

You may benefit from injectable fillers to the lower lids, but there is still a likelihood that you will see some of the "bags" given their prominence.  Surgery is indicated in cases where the fat pockets are prominent.  Fillers may have limitations in such instances, but it's worth having you see an expert in eyelid surgery and eyelid injections. Good luck!

Fillers

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Treatment for lower eyelid bags

Thank you for sharing your question and posting your photo. Injection of dermal fillers might improve the appearance of your bags, but this needs to be determine upon in office evaluation. If fillers do not seem to be satisfactory, then you can consider lower eyelid blepharoplasty. See a doctor who specializes in this area and these procedures. Good luck,

Lower lid fat pads

You have some orbital fat prolapse and a deep tear trough.  A lower lid blepharoplasty with fat repositioning would be a good way to improve this.  Non-surgically, some HA filler such as restylane or belotero will help to add volume to the tear trough and smooth out the area.  It should last at least a year.      

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers under the eyes

Congratulations on your weight loss. Awesome job. Yes, fillers can definitely help to camouflage your under eye bags and are a great place to start. I generally use Restylane and Belotero for the under eye troughs. The former causes slightly more swelling but the results last longer. To see the swelling on myself, visit my Instagram page @drsheilanazarian. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Fillers for eye bags

You are correct that the more long term result in improving eye bags is normally with surgery.  However, fillers can be placed under the bags to help camouflage them and there is no reason to believe that they would not help in your instance.  My preference of fillers for that area is a hyaluronic acid filler, such as Restylane.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for under eye bags

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. Based on the photos you have provided; you appear to be a good candidate for a lower blepharoplasty surgery with fat pad transposition. Alternatively, hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane are commonly used in this area to restore volume. Although under eye filler may offer temporary improvement in the appearance of the bags, the lower blepharoplasty procedure will provide a more permanent solution to problem. I recommend consulting with a board-certified facial plastic, oculoplastic, or plastic surgeon who will be able to evaluate you in person and review all of your treatment options.

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Under Eye Bags

Thank you for your question. Injectable fillers may help camouflage your under eye bags, but surgery could be ideal to treat the root of your concern. I would recommend an in person exam to discuss your goals and determine your candidacy.

Dr. Leonard Lu

Leonard Lu, MD