Is there any way to make my face fat go down/ look less babyish? (Photo)

I'm 18 years old and I feel like because I have such a baby face that the fat on my face hangs down and makes me look like a squirrel? Not sure if there's any procedure that's natural looking. I'm glad I look young, but I feel like my baby fat makes me look so puffy.

Doctor Answers 3

Baby face (buccal fat)

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Greetings. That's a great question. There is a procedure call a buccal fat reduction- where the fat that is located in the lower cheek region can be removed through an incision made on the inside of your mouth. Removing this fat pad would help give you a slimmer face. Although I would be very hesitant in you undergoing such a procedure, as it is irreversible, and you are very young. My advice would be to wait a few years. I think that within a few years, your face will slimmer up and take shape on its own. If for some reason it doesn't you can always decide later on- but I think that waiting makes the most sense. Enjoy looking day you will wish you still had that baby fat!

Nanuet Plastic Surgeon

Make my baby fat go down

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for asking about your facial fat.

Based on your photo, you may benefit by an office procedure called buccal fat reduction. This removes the excess fat in the cheeks. But to be sure this is right for you, you need to be examined. So I suggest you find a plastic surgeon near you how does this procedure and have a consultation! 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Skin Tightening and Reshaping--Fillers, Sculptra, Thermage, Ultherapy, Venus Legacy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Reshaping and symmetry can be improved with well-placed fillers (Voluma, Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill): Sculptra, implants or fat. A combination of Thermage/Ultherapy/Venus Legacy are non-invasive options to tighten the hanging skin on the face. I recommend getting a consultation with a facial contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.