Can I expect good results? (Photo)

My funding was approved and I'm about to make my appointment. My wedding is mid December and I really just want to look as good as I possibly can. I've been strength training so I'm pretty fit, just also still fat. I'm 5'6 185 and I'm pretty proportionate in the way I carry my weight. I have two body areas I hate that stay fat even when I'm thin and that's my fat upper arms and my lower abdomen. I am planning to get upper and lower abdomen, flanks, and upper arms.

Results?

Thank you for your question.Yes, I think you can expect very nice results. It can take several weeks after liposuction for swelling to resolve. My recommendation would be to schedule the procedure soon and be religious about wearing the compression garments 24/7. 

Best wishes on your wedding!

Tumescent Liposuction Before Wedding

Based on your photos, you seem to be an ideal candidate for liposuction/liposculpture because you are in good shape with a few areas of stubborn fat. It can take up to three to four months to see the final results from liposuction, which is a surgical procedure that will may some swelling and bruising that can last 1-2 weeks, so please take that into account when scheduling so close to your wedding. Although noninvasive fat-elimination techniques, such as CoolSculpting, Vanquish, and Thermi, also take months to appreciate full results, there is less bruising or swelling after the procedure, which may make them a good choice so close to your wedding. Please consult a board-certified dermatologist to decide which permanent fat-elimination technique will make you feel and look your best on your wedding day.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Candidate for liposuction

Thank you for the question! Based on your description and the photo, I believe you're an excellent candidate for liposuction.  You clearly understand that liposuction is not a weight loss procedure, which is why you made an effort to stay fit. This procedure will help you eliminate fat from your "problem areas." Most of the post-operative swelling will subside in 2-3 months so, if you can get this procedure done soon, you may expect good results in time for your wedding. 

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your situation and guarantee an individualized medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Liposuction a few months before wedding

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I would expect you to have good results.
  • But do not have the liposuction done near the wedding - it takes time to look good.
  • I suggest having it done as soon as possible -
  • And in this instance, I suggest you not only wear the garment all the time but also have deep tissue massage as soon as you can tolerate it. if there are any irregularities or lumps.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Can I expect good results?

Thank you for your question. Based on the pictures you look like a very good candidate for liposuction. I recommend you to consult with a board certified PS for evaluation in person.

Liposuction

Thank you for your question. I reviewed your pictures and you look like you should do great with liposuction. But remember with a wedding coming up it would be in your best interest to have this done sooner than later. There can always be some swelling afterward and those that keep their garments on as directed will see results soon. You may also want to look into having endermology post procedure to maximize your results. 

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Can I expect good results?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Liposuction works best in those individuals with diet and exercise resistant areas of fat and offers a permanent reduction and improvement to these areas.  Based on your narrative it appears that you would be an excellent candidate to obtain a flatter, smaller overall appearance, especially if you continue your good habits of diet and strength training.  Hope this helps. 

You're going to look GREAT!

You'll have great results, but I would schedule soon so swelling can subside. In addition to your compression garments I recommend adding lymphatic massage, hyperbaric oxygen, compression, and radiofrequency treatments to your aftercare to help with swelling and get the best results. Best, Dr. Emer

Lipsosuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for waist contouring liposuction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Good candidates for lipo

Based upon your photographs, you would be a good candidate for liposuction.   It is important to know that swelling may take several weeks to resolve depending on the amount of fat taken and the aggressiveness of the technique.  Given that you have a wedding date soon, I would consider having the surgery as soon as possible to give you the time to heal fully before fittings.  Make sure to adhere to the post-op regimen, wear the compression religiously, drink lots of water, walk, and discuss with your surgeon pre and post surgical supplements such as bromelain for swelling.  Best of luck and congrats on the wedding.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon