Would chin smart lipo or something similar work for me? (photos)

Birmingham, AL 41 years old and have hated my profile for years. I am not ready for a facelift/necklift. I am not sure what my options are. Also I am not sure where to start as far as plastic surgeons in Birmingham. Thank you

Smart Lipo

Thank you for your question. The Smartlipo Triplex/Cellulaze workstation offers users a light-based solution not only for unwanted fat but also for cellulite. Tissue shrinkage and skin tightening with SmartLipo and Cellulaze is generally between 17-22%. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to determine if this option is correct for you. Other options include injectibles and (per the video) a laser-assisted weekend necklift. Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

You need a facelift

i love Smartlipo and i think it does a great job in the correct patient. however, you problem is mostly a lot of loose skin and a prominent platysmal band. Smartlipo can tighten the skin somewhat but not enough for your needs. With that much extra skin, it is best taken off around the ear with a facelift. A neck lift has limited ability to remove that much extra skin
david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Neck Skin and Platysmal Bands -- VASER Hi Def Liposuction/ThermiRF, Venus Legacy/Thermage/Ultherapy, Botox/Dysport, Kybella

It is likely that you are neck lift candidate, but I suggest seeing an expert to determine what is best and if there are alternative non invasive approaches that may give some degree of improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Smart lipo for neck

I  I have been doing facial surgery and liposuction for 30 years. I have used smart lipo exclusively in the neck for liposuction during the last five years. From your pictures it appears that you do have fat that would respond to laser lipo However you also appear to have a muscle band.  Laser liposuction will not improve this band. As a matter fact when the fat is removed the band will stand out even more. Even though you desire a lesser procedure neck lipo is not a good option for you. You need a full neck lift and should get a very nice result from a combination of liposuction and muscle  removal and tightening with skin redraping. Your best option is to find a board-certified plastic surgeon with considerable facial experience. 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Neck profile question

Smartlipo of the chin removes a fatty deposit from behind the chin (jaw bone) and extending to the upper neck.   From the photo it looks like this is a fold of skin.   The surgeon would really need to examine you to determine if there is fat in there to me removed, in which case Smartlipo would be able to remove that.  If it is primarily a skin fold, you would need to have this surgically tightened.    Best wishes!

I would recommend botox in your platysma bands and consider a neck lift for your best results. Smartlipo is a good option but it is limited in overall skin tightening.

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Would Smart lipo work for me?

Though Smart lipo is in my opinion the gold standard for neck liposuction as it is the only modality that actually assists with skin shrinkage, there are limitations.  An ideal candidate for Smart lipo (or any other lipo or kybella) has fat that is superficial to the muscle, skin with good elasticity and finally minimal to no muscular bands.  Your photos worry me in that you appear to have some degree of platysma banding that may only be worsened by removing the fat.  In that case you may need a neck lift wherein the muscles are manipulated and sutures in the front and at the sides also with skin removal.  This can only be definitely determined by an exam.  Make sure you find a surgeon that is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.Best wishes and good luck.

Shayne Webb, MD

Smart Lipo for neck

be careful with this one. Please make sure you are speaking to a real board-certified plastic surgeon and not someone in a Medi spa.  There may be platysma muscle band beneath the fat and you may improve one problem and create another. That's why this requires a hands on consultation from someone who can do more then just a liposuction. Hope this helps.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon