Brow lift with upper blepharoplasty?

I have hooded eyes. I plan to have a brow lift with conservative upper blepharoplasty in December after consulting with my plastic surgeon. How much of the eyelid and crease is a person who has this surgery usually able to see once the healing is complete? The hooding makes me look angry and I don't like that. Also, and this sounds vain, but i really want to be able to wear more dramatic eyeshadow looks and the eyeshadow actually show instead of getting covered by the hooding.

Brow Lift With Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty

I need to see pictures before making any recommendations. You describe "hooded" eyes but is this secondary to low brows or actual relaxation of the upper eyelids. If you do need a brow lift consider the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Incision technique that we described many years ago so you don't raise your hairline and increase the size of your forehead. In some patients a brow lift alone will eliminate the excess skin of the upper lids.

Brow lift with upper blepharoplasty?

A well performed brow lift and blepharoplasty should create a more attractive, alert and happy, less tired appearance. Without examining you and knowing your surgeon's operative plan it is impossible to comment on a particular outcome. Good luck!

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

brow lift and upper blepharoplasty

A brow lift is performed for patients who have low set eyebrows. In addition, a brow lift can address asymmetrical eyebrows, raise or lower the hairline, and adjust the scowling muscles of the forehead. An upper blepharoplasty procedure is performed to remove the hooded upper eyelids. Both procedures can be performed together or separately, but only when indicated. For more information  and many before-and-after examples of both procedures, please see the link and the video below

Brow lift with or without upper blepharoplasty?

if you place your fingers above your eyebrow and lift up and like the way that looks then you need a brow lift. If you're happy with the position of your brows as they are than an upper lid blepharoplasty is what you need. See a very experienced from brow lift surgeon will not raise your hairline. The  brow lift surgery should be done with the Irregular Trichophytic Procedure and your  hairline can be lowered if you like at the same time that brows are lifted. Make sure you see the surgeons final incision and you should not see a scar.  most patients can kill two birds with one stone with only the brow lift and do not require an upper blepharoplasty done at the same time 

Not Vain

Your concept is right on target.  Usually any consideration of the upper eyelids should include a consideration of the eyebrow and forehead.I am confident your goals can be achieved.Variations will include - what kind of browlift and the use of volume under your lateral brows.A thorough evaluation with an experienced facial plastic surgeon will be key.Best of luck,Fred G. Fedok, MD FACS

Brow lift with upper blepharoplasty

if you are considering  aesthetic enhancement of eyelids and eye brows, there are a few things you should keep in mind. The upper eyelid and brow can both contribute to a tired and heavy appearance around the eyes.  Occasionally excess eyelid skin and fat are the reason for this. Other times the eyelid skin is not redundant, but the eyebrow has dropped to a point where it is pushing down on the upper eyelid.  Most commonly, however, a combination of excess upper eyelid skin and a low eye brow contribute to the aged appearance of the eyes. There is a delicate balance between the brown position and the appearance of the upper eyelid. For aesthetic enhancements in this area, eyebrow repositioning procedures may be required, or an upper eyelid blepharoplasty may be required depending on your particular situation.  Frequently, a combination of both procedures is necessary to address both areas of concern. With careful attention to detail, a skilled specialist in facial plastic surgery can provide beautiful outcomes that address the aging process of the upper eyelid and eyebrow complex. Best regards

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift and hooding

It depends on how much hooding is there to be honest with you. Without pictures, its hard to be very specific, so I apologize for that. What the bow lift will do, in your case I'm assuming, It will be about re-setting the brows to the appropriate location such that you no longer have that heavy hooding (otherwise known as brow ptosis). The upper blepharoplasty will smooth out the skin and create a nice clean crease where it always was - it will look natural and make it easier to place make up, etc.  That, actually, is the most common benefit that patients will tell us - how easy it is to place make up after the surgery, etc.  As far as how much will be seen - it all depends on how your healing is.  Usually after a few weeks you have a pencil thin line that is hardly perceptible.  But everyone is a little different in regards to that time frame.  Best of luck on your surgery.  I hope some of this helps.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon