What can I do about this belly fat? (Photo)

What can I do about this belly fat?

Based on your pictures, I would suggest performing a Tummy Tuck to remove the excess skin, stretch marks as well to tighten the muscles of your abdominal wall. Thi will give you a flat belly. I would also recommend doing some Lipo on your waist to give the body a better shape.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  You need to be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon for a physical evaluation, but I would recommend that you get a tummy tuck to correct for the stretch marks and lax skin/muscle.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Treatment of a large abdominal pannus liposuction versus abdominoplasty.

Liposuction would flatten the pannus but it will remain. The best contour will come from a formal abdominoplasty. The final operative recommendation depends entirely upon your expectations.

Belly fat removal

It looks like you have excess belly fat AND stretch marks with loose skin so some judicious liposuction and a tummy tuck would be ideal.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Because your skin has stretch marks and is redundant, a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty would be the best procedure for you.

John Burns, MD

Making the correct diagnosis

You appear to have significant muscle separation from previous pregnancies, skin laxity and intra-abdominal fat. 

I suggest starting with weight loss. If you are done having children, then a full abdominoplasty would be the correct procedure. 

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Abdominal fat and..

Hi jakeshia

Your abdominal fat is only part of the problem.  Your skin is very stretched and there are many stretch marks.  This indicates that the excess skin must be addressed too.  This means that you are not a candidate for liposuction.  You may be a candidate for a panniculectomy with lipo (+/_).

On your lateral view as well as your frontal view, you appear to have a very thick fat pad.  This leads me to believe that you have an elevated BMI, and should lose weight first, keep that weight stable, and be in excellent health so that you will be physiologically ready to undergo a vigorous body contouring procedure when the time is right.

Best to you .

Tummy tuck

Judging from your photos, it looks like you have an excess of stretched skin with stretch marks and bowing of the abdominal muscles. This will require a full tummy tuck to rejuvenate your figure. It would behoove you to make sure your BMI is less than 30 for a safer outcome and best cosmesis. It will be a major transformation in your figure! Thanks for sharing.

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

You appear to be an ideal tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) candidate. I would make sure that you are at your ideal weight and do not plan to get pregnant before having the procedure performed.

So it looks like you need both some liposuction and a tummy tuck.  Liposuction alone will not help because there are too many stretch marks.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon