Asymmetry after Non Surgical Nose Job, can this be fixed?

I got a non surgical nose job to straighten out a bump 3 weeks ago an I'm going for a top up tomorrow as my nose which was perfectly straight looking from the front now looks unsymmetrical! The natural contour line to one side of my nose has faded, making it look bent, can this be fixed? Also I was wondering is it possible for someone's nose to look worse then it did after the filler has dissolved?? I ask this because a lot of pressure is put to the nose when moulding the filler into place

Asymmetry after Nonsurgical Nose Job, Can this be Fixed?

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  Because of the thin nature of the tissues over the nose conservative placement of fillers must be done in order to minimize creation of contour irregularities.  Though placement will not cause any permanent alterations to your nasal appearance correction of your asymmetry can only be determined with an in-person examination or full series of photographs.  If your injector used a hyaluronic acid based filler, it can be dissolved if needed.  Hope this helps.

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty / Non Surgical Nose Job Correction

Hi and thanks for your question. Be sure to raise your concerns with your injector and they should make you confident that they can correct the asymmetry and give you a straight nose. This procedure is supposed to make your nose look better not worse. If the filler is dissolved, your nose will not look worse. Molding will not have a permanent effect on the nasal tissues. Make sure that your injector is very experienced in specifically this procedure. If he or she is not, I would consider getting an opinion from someone who is. Non Surgical Rhinoplasty is a tricky procedure and small changes can have a significant effect on your appearance. Hope that helps.

Thanks for your question and as always, we recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon as we are the experts in this sort of treatment.  Without photos, it is a little difficult to determine what was done and what is still needed to be done.  As well, without knowing the type of filler that was used, it is also hard to determine what will happen if things do not go as planned. If done well, and with the appropriate amount of product, there will not be any “pressure” concerns.  Again, see the right provider and you should be fine.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon