How many areas should be treated at a time optimally?

My understanding is the liver must "process" the dead fat cells, if 6 applications were done 2 weeks ago, and I have several more (for different areas) scheduled this week, should I postpone the next round? Can the liver process that much dead fat along with it's normal functions properly, and if not, what happens to it?

Thank you for your question. There is no maximum number of treatments per session. In fact, more dramatic results can be seen with multiple treatments in one session. It also depends on your comfort level and how patient you are as each treatment area takes time. Regards, 

Amount of CoolSculpting Treatments per Session

There is not maximum of CoolSculpting treatments per session.  It is optimal to do all of your treatments around the same time to see your best results sooner.  If you are wanting to re-treat an area that has already been treated, then you must wait 30 days.  There are no harmful effects on the liver from doing multiple CoolSculpting treatments.  It is also okay to overlap a treatment area if the fat bulge is larger than the applicator size, but it is best to do that in the same day.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting multiple areas is not only safe, but can improve your results by using the applicators to "overlap" the areas that need more- so that you actually are having 2 treatments in the areas with the most fat- this gives terrific results.  

The newer "cool advantage" applicators are less time as well, and less painful- and it is just better to get to see your results everywhere instead of waiting...

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Many Areas Can Be Treated At Once?

Multiple areas can be treated safely in one visit. If you are having more than six treatments for sculpting the torso and abdominal area, it is best to have your full treatment finished within a two-week period so that you are able to see your results as evenly as possible in a 90-day period. At our office, we recommend doing up to six areas in one visit simply for patient comfort. 

Multiple treatments for cool sculpting

Zeltiq has studied the process extensively how fat cells are eliminated and have not found any issues in blood work following treatments. Based on the information you provided I feel you are ok to proceed but remember to always discuss your concerns with your provider assuming you went to a reputable MD office with experienced staff. Hope that helps. 

Timothy Treece, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

a number of treatments and areas need to be performed to get an outcome that shows significant sculpting or contouring.  A hi definition procedure would give a more full body result in a single treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Multiple CoolSculpting treatments are safe at one time

When CoolSculpting freezes fat cells, they schedule apoptosis, or programmed cell death. This is a controlled process with minimal inflammation.

The body takes weeks to break down the dead fat cells, so it is safe to undergo multiple treatments at once or close to one another. Studies have been performed testing blood samples that show normal liver function during the breakdown of the fat cells.