is it right that after labia plasty minora and majora has been stiched back together leaving me uneven?

I had my surgery two weeks ago I have been in pain ever since. The nurse had to remove my stiches a week early as I could not walk or sit down! Took so many pain killers it was dangerous! Now the stiches are out bruising had gone down I can see he has taken too much away from my Inner and outer! Not only that he has stiched the left inner to my outter! It simply does not look normal? I feel mutilated and I'm even concerned there's nothing a surgeon can do to fix, As he had taken to much away

Post-Op Healing for Labiaplasty

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks.  It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months. Firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of brusing and they way in which your body heals. Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful as well, and you can continue to use these processes to help with your recovery process at home.Now, if you are concerned about getting a revision procedure you will need to wait about six months to ensure that the full recovery has completed and the new incision(s) will be safely completed. The best way to determine the need for a revision would be to see your surgeon in person sometime soon and have the healing progress of your surgery evaluated. Best of luck!

Sad

It makes me feel very sad every time I read a post like yours because it is so avoidable. I'm sorry you've had this experience. It sounds like you had an amputation done by your local GYN. It is very surprising to me that doctors are willing to do procedures that they aren't capable of doing.There is still hope for a revision but you will need to be seen by an expert. Sometimes the mixed blessing is that the GYN will leave tissue at the clitoral hood that is excessive. This can sometimes be used as "flaps" to reconstruct the labia minora. Very few surgeons know how to do this, so be very selective about who you choose next. You may need to wait 6 months for everything to heal before a second procedure is considered.

"American Female Genital Mutilation" performed by untrained general physicians

There is a difference between a skilled labiaplasty performed by a plastic or cosmetic gynecological surgeon specifically trained in the "rules" and nuances of properly performed genital plastics, and a residency-only-trained general Ob/Gyn, Board Certified by a system that doesn't give a fig for proper plastic training for a gynecologist who might be called upon by his/her patient to perform an aesthetic labial reduction. In fact, ACOG (the umbrella organization for Ob/Gyns) DISREGARDS and DISCOURAGES their fellows from even properly learning these procedures, resulting in botch-jobs (which I term AMERICAN Female Genital Mutilation, to distinguish it from the North African and mid-Asian variety) such as you describe. These surgeries are performed by your "...friendly local general Ob/Gyn (you know, the one who delivered your baby...), sincere, wonderful, generally well-trained individuals who wish to help you and do their best, but are simply untrained in this delicate procedure and are "...too uneducated to know they are uneducated/untrained..." A well-trained and experienced plastic surgeon or Gyn who is savvy in and specializes in genital plastics will never INADVERTENTLY "mutilate"

It is sad, but it continues because of the bias  of arrogant, paternalistic/maternalistic bureaucratic physicians who think they know what's best for women, rather than taking the time to ask women themselves, and guarantee proper training for Ob/Gyn physicians.

There. I said it. I sincerely hope that, as you recover, things look better, the pain goes away, and you are happy and experience the joys of sex without pain. However, if you are left with an "open" vagina, mucosa (inner vaginal tissue) sewed to the inter-labial fold, and in sexual pain, your best recourse, sad to say, is to sue the people who predicated this: the surgeon, the hospital/surgical center who let an un-cosmetically-trained surgeon perform this delicate operation, and perhaps even ACOG, who has refused to legitimize and encourage training. Only then will this "American Female Genital Mutilation" end!

Best wished for a full recovery,

Michael P Goodman, MD
Davis, CA, USA

Too much off?

It is difficult to say at this point because of swelling post. You may be right but it is too early to be sure--there is shortening by edema and sutures--hopefully you will be happy when healed- at least 50-75% happy. This elective surgery is not 100%successful by patient--doctor will probably be happier with results than you will. Remember, function is most important over appearance.