47 Y/O. Candidate for scarless breast lift and augmentation procedure? (Photo)

Lift weights, previously DD, loss of volume after breast feeding and weight loss. 5'2 130-135lb. Seeking large perky breasts with minimal scarring.

No Such Thing as Scarless Lift

Dear RN needing lift,
First of all, there is no such thing as a scarless breast lift as the body has to heal in the incision with a scar. They do improve, however, over the course of a year, and both the suturing technique as well as postoperative care will determine the final outcome. Also, the addition of an implant would give nice superior fullness, and so yes, you are a candidate for lift with implants. I hope this has been helpful. Robert D. Wilcox, MD

47 Y/O. Candidate for scarless breast lift and augmentation procedure?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 350ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast lift with augmentation

Hi and thank you for your question and providing photos. You would be an excellent candidate for a lift with augmentation, but you would need the anchor incisions for the best result. Many patients are initially concerned about the scarring, but we do everything we can to make sure the scars heal as beautifully as possible. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience with breast lifts and review their before and after photos to get a better idea of what the incisions will look like over time. I think you might be surprised at how good they can really look! Good luck!

Ashley Gordon, MD

Aggressive Lifting Necessary

I know you want to try to limit scars, most breast lift patients I see have some concerns about the scars.  However, when I explain their anatomy to them and the reconstructive techniques necessary to get a good and stable breast tissue lift, they understand the need for scars to re-shape the breast.  You have Grade 3 ptosis with a lot of breast glandular tissue, you will need a strong lift.

Thanks,

Gordon Telepun, MD
Decatur, Alabam

Breast lift options

Thanks for your inquiry and pictures.  Congratulations on your weight loss. If you were my patient I would tell you you need a full anchor style mastopexy with vertical, horizontal, and peri-areolar scars. Please seek the opinion of a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good Luck.  

Breast Lift with Implants

Based on your photos, you are an excellent candidate for breast lift surgery to reshape the breast.  If you want to add volume, a breast augmentation can be done at the same setting.  Either way, you will have scars.  Scars are the trade for prettier breast.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Scarless Breast Surgery

The best options for augmentation without scars on the breasts are either an axillary (armpit)  approach or an umbilical (belly button) approach.  Neither of these will leave a scar on the breast but are still not scarless.  The scars are strategically hidden.  That being said you are not a candidate for either of these surgeries as your anatomy, in particular your degree of breast sagging, does not lend itself to a good outcome with implants alone.  An augmentation alone by any approach, would result in a "double bubble" or "waterfall" deformity that would be far from optimal.  The best option for you, in my opinion, is a small implant to provide upper pole fullness (perkiness) and a vertical lift to elevate the nipple/areola and the glandular tissue to an aesthetically optimal position.  The requires a periareolar and a verical scar.  My practice is located in Birmingham.  If you would like to schedule a complimentary consultation please call the office at (205)980-1744.  If you would like to see videos of some of the work we do, follow me on SnapChat at docschaffer.

Christopher J. Schaffer, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for scarless augmentation?

I specialize in endoscopic (scarless) breast augmentation and helped develop the procedure in the 90's making the first endoscopic breast augmentation videos in 1994. I have seen and done all of them and make every effort to avoid external scars whenever possible.  However, I can assure you that there is no scarless technique out there that will give you an attractive shape and size. 
I would recommend you consider a vertical Augmentatuon mastopexy which achieve all your goals and the scar is only vertical under the nipple and around the edge of the nipple. 

Grady B. Core, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Scarless breast lift and augmentation

Breasts which are overly large and would be classified as macromastia may be reduced by a "scarless procedure" with a breast liposcution procedure. This can be very effective at reducing the volume of the fat in the breast. However, most insurance companies do not regard this as an approved method of breast reduction and therefore will not cover it. I have had many patients request scarless breast reductions with liposuction. Those who were good candidates and proceeded with the procedure have been very happy. This can lift the nipple position 1 to 2 inches depending on the breast anatomy. However, if you are looking for a concomitant breast augmentation, then it is really an augmentation mastopexy that you are seeking. This requires an incision around the areola and sometimes down in front of the breast and continuing into the inframammary fold. This scarring is frequently very well tolerated and fades away to a thin line with time.