41 years old and wondering can I benefit from Some Botox and fillers? (photo)

I would like to look refreshed and take some years off. What would you recommend- thank you

Refresh Your Appearance With Injectables

Thank you for including a photo with your question. I'm confident you could get the refreshed look you want by combining fillers such as JUVÉDERM or Restylane with BOTOX Cosmetic injections. Filler treatments restore volume to areas of the face where fat and volume fade with aging. For example, a filler could help reduce the nasolabial folds, which run from the nostrils to the corners of the mouth. BOTOX injections target "dynamic wrinkles," which are the lines that form when we make facial expressions, including crow's feet, forehead wrinkles, and "frown lines" between the eyebrows. This relaxes the muscles in these areas, leaving your skin smoother. The combined effect of BOTOX and fillers is youthful volume and a reduction in telltale wrinkles. I think you could get a nice result.

Spokane General Surgeon

Can I benefit from some Botox and fillers?

Thank you for your question and for your picture. It appears you could benefit from Botox and fillers. Botox is a muscle paralyzer that is used to smooth wrinkles and therefore giving a more youthful appearance. Additionally, as you age your skin gets thinner and loses elasticity. It also is accompanied by a loss of collagen, hyaluronic acid and elastin. Fillers would be a beneficial option for adding volume back to your face. I recommend you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss treatment options.

Fillers and Botox for someone in their 40s

You would likely benefit from therapeutic and/or preventative dosing of Botox for the forehead and Crow's feet areas. Some filler into the cheeks and laugh lines would likely look very nice & natural as well. See your dermatologist for optimal balance of safety & efficacy.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox. From your photo it appears that you are a good candidate for Botox and fillers which can results in a softer, more youthful appearance. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox and Fillers in 40's

You are a perfect candidate for Botox and fillers.  Your wrinkles are not very deep and with a 'baby' amount of Botox and fillers you should look refreshed. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

you need volume to get improvement along with lasers and skin tightening. I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist that creates a treatment plan for your long term improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Volumizing Fillers Combined With Muscle Relaxers Can Effect A True "Liquid Facelift"

In the past decade, an increasingly sophisticated use of combinations of injectable volumizing fillers & neuromodulators (i.e. Botox, Dysport, & Xeomin) by board certified, experienced aesthetic physicians has given rise to such dramatic degrees of improvement in the field of nonsurgical facial rejuvenation that we can now literally refer to these interventions as true "liquid facelifts." 

The following simply represents one potential, individualized,comprehensive assessment based just upon the photo. Depending upon your specific desires and objectives, budget, etc, everything mentioned can be done at once, or only some aspects can be pursued, or the several treatments may be spaced over an extended period of time. Happilly, unlike with an aggressive surgical facelift, treatment does not have to be done in an "all or nothing" fashion. 

Although your photo does not show you emoting, I would not be surprised to observe the appearance of sufficient "worry lines,"  "scowl lines," and crow's feet lines when you do emote to warrant treatment with a neuromodulator, such as Botox. This would likely contribute significantly to the refreshed look you desire. To turn back the hands of time, however, the following may be considered.

The Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Facelift technique, using Radiesse Plus or Voluma XC (my choices in my Upper East Side Manhattan practice) could easily address the fairly pronounced, age-related volume loss (i.e. hollowing and sinking of the medial, lateral and mid-face regions of the cheeks) that is evident in the photo. This would also likely secondarily improve the nasolabial area without actual need for directly using fillers there. (In my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved volumizers are available, I would opt for Stylage XXL for and Emervel Volume for these indications.)

The tear troughs, bags, and dark circles under the eyes could then be addressed with the use of Belotero Balance (U.S.) and Teosyal Redensity II (Israel) and the thinning of the lips, particularly the upper could be easily remedied with Juvederm Ultra Plus XC (U.S.) and Princess Volume (Israel). . 

If still deemed necessary and if so desired, the jowls along the jawline can be smoothed with Voluma XC (U.S.) and Emervel Volume (Israel). Without a profile shot, I cannot comment on whether there would be any need for a nonsurgical chin augmentation, which by itself, often helps to straighten, tighten and rejuvenate the length of the jawline.

And finally, if also desired, The Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Necklift, combined with the use of a neuromodulator (my preference here being Botox for ropey cords) could be used to then harmonize the neck with the now rejuvenated face.  

For more information on any of the above, you can check out the archives of RealSelf.com, and of course you would be wise to consult with a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in advanced injection techniques for nonsurgical facial rejuvenation and augmentation and avoid the novice injectors whose experience and training may be limited to the simple treatment of smile lines with fillers and crow's feet with Botox. Be sure to ask to see his/her before and after photos. 

I hope you find this helpful.

My very best wishes

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Voluma

You are a perfect candidate to have voluma placed in your cheeks. As we age we lose the fat in our cheeks and our lower face droops. Voluma injected into the cheeks both fills and lifts. The results are like a mini face lift. I think you would love it more than if you chose botox or other fillers. Best of luck!

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Refreshed Appearance through Injectables

Thank you for your question – Dermal fillers and Botox would a great treatment option for you to address changes that have occurred naturally with aging. Dermal fillers like Juvederm and Restylane can be used to help restore volume, to areas like your midface. Botox can be very effective to relax wrinkles, to areas like forehead and crows feet. An experienced injector will be able to help you achieve a refreshed appearance through these treatments.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Fillers for 41 year old

You would likely be a good candidate for Botox and especially fillers.  As we age, we lose volume in our cheeks and get a more hollow appearance.  Fillers replace the lost volume and restore the convexity of youth.  Make sure to see a physician for your injections, preferably a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
Regards,
Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon