I'm 18 and seriously looking into Rhinoplasty. What would need to be done in order to improve the look of my nose? (Photo)

What would need to be done in order to define and reshape my nose?

Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty or nasal surgery reshapes and contours the entire nose to yield a natural appearance.  The object is to have a nose that blends in with your other features in a harmonious way.  On line photos are difficult to evaluate a nose from. Have a consultation with a plastic surgeon who has experience in performing rhinoplasty surgery and who has an artistic eye.  Look at the before and after photos of prior patients to get an idea of what to expect.  Best not to rely upon computer generated pictures as they may be misleading. Especially, since your rhinoplasty should be unique to your face.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate

There are many things that can be accomplished during the rhinoplasty procedure, but it's important to know from the patient what their specific changes they would like to make to the nose.  Computer imaging would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with the procedure. The dorsal hump which is composed of bone bone and cartilage can be shaved down, the tip of the nose refined, and the bridge line narrowed. If there is a depressor septi ligament  present which pulls the tip down when smiling, this must be released at the same time. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

What would need to be done in order to improve the look of my nose?

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California  

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

How to choose a rhinoplasty surgeon

I suggest you see a rhinoplasty expert for a consultation. Your nose and the remainder of the face should be examined in person, and a thorough medical history should be obtained to judge your medical candidacy for nose surgery. Furthermore, you should have a frank discussion with your surgeon regarding your goals and if he or she can meet your expectations. There are various techniques and approaches to rhinoplasty utilized by different surgeons. One technique (closed vs. open) is not necessarily better than the other. It very much depends on surgeon preference, surgeon experience, philosophy, and patient factors. In fact, the focus should not be much on the technique at all but rather on the final outcome. You should look and many before and after photos of the surgeons you consider and make a decision based on that as every surgeon (and patient) has a slightly different aesthetic preference. Best wishes!

Thomas J. Walker, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty - consult with a specialist

A rhinoplasty specialist will be able to comprehensively address the issues you have with your nose. 
While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist in order to achieve the best results possible. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist and look carefully at his/her Before/Afters to find a surgeon with the aesthetic that matches yours.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty Consultation

Congratulations on searching for information related to improving the appearance of your nose. To begin, give some thought to the things about your nose that bother you and then consult with an experienced, reputable Facial Plastic Surgeon to exam you and discuss your goals. Computer studies may help you visualize and appropriate, natural changes you may wish to consider. 
In my opinion, your nose simply needs some refinement and improvement in the overall size, projection and tip shape. I would consider an open approach rhinoplasty to reduce the tip fullness and add tip support, especially when smiling. Additionally, I would consider slightly decreasing the overall length, reducing the profile to a natural, soft and feminine contour, but not scooped! Narrowing of your nasal bones and cartilages in the front view may also be helpful. In general, you have a nice facial features and a good nose. Balance and harmony could be improved via rhinoplasty with the right plastic surgeon. 
Take you time and research the best physicians for rhinoplasty. Choose someone with whom you and your family feel the most comfortable with. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose

SShivar, you would need a rhinoplasty by an experienced specialist that has years of experience and one that does "only faces". not trying to be trite but one can tell you little else simply looking at photos that don't have the appropriate lighting or angles. The technique would be closed however in my office and the goal is to make you nose fit your face. Search the internet. Good luck and watch the movie!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon