5 days post op and steri strip is coming off with slight oozing. Is this normal or something to be concerned about? (Photo)

520 cc under the muscle gummy bear implants. Steri strip is coming off with slight oozing. Is this beginning of infection or normal healing

5 days post op and steri strip is coming off with slight oozing. Is this normal or something to be concerned about?

It is normal for there to be some fluid accumulation underneath Steri-Strips after breast augmentation.  Although your wound looks normal to me it is always best to see your plastic surgeon for an examination to make certain that things are okay.  I normally see patient's day 1 and a day 10 to make certain that you are healing normally.

#breastaugmentation #implants #plasticsurgery

Hi Amet, Congratulations on your recent surgery and thank you for sharing your question about your post operative recovery and results after your breast augmentation surgery.  Final results can take up to six months for all the swelling to subside.  At our office here at CARE we actually see all of our breast surgery patients the very next day after surgery and then again at two weeks and beyond. We enjoy staying closely connected to our patients and enjoy giving the extra attention and service.  Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best.  Sincerely, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS
CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Early post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Incision oozing

Thank you for your question. Nothing in your photo looks concerning at this time. However, the whole picture needs to be looked at like pain, fever, the rest of the breast, swelling etc. The smartest thing to do is to  return to your surgeons office and let him or her evaluate it for you. Best of luck!

Bruce Landon, MD

Incision care

Sometimes there is a little oozing or moisture at the incision site causing the steri-strip to fall off.  Best to ask your surgeon how he wants you to treat the incision.