How can I fix my profile? (Photo)

I hate my chin and feel like the lower half of my face isn't proportionate with the upper half. What can I do to make my chin look more proportioned with the rest of my face?

How can I fix my profile?

Please share this answer with your parents if you are under 18 years of age.  You are correct.  From the attached photo, your chin is weak.  Chin Augmentation, with a chin implant could provide balance and harmony to the entire lower face.  Hope this helps.

Chin implant to help with weak chin profile

The photograph demonstrates a weak chin profile and a chin implant  can help augment the chin. Placing a chin implant will help with facial balance and proportions.  Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes, are usually inserted through sub mental approach under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. 

Chin augmentation to improve your profile.

Chin augmentation can improve the profile. A relatively small chin can affect the appearance of the rest of the face. Chin augmenation procedures can improve the appearance of the nose, neck, and jawline for appropriate patients.

Chin surgery is most commonly performed with a chin implant. Other chin augmentation procedures includes fillers, which is temporary, or sliding genioplasty, where the chin bone is advanced. If you haven't already, then speak with a plastic surgeon to review options.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial profile

Clinical evaluation and an X-ray will determine that. Usually in these cases, the lower jaw did not grow as much as the upper jaw. You might need jaw surgery or a simple chin surgery. 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin Augmentation

Chin augmentation either through an implant or a sliding genioplasty would make a significant improvement to your facial profile by bringing the lower face forward. Given that you are very young you may consider an autologous procedure like a sliding geniplasty for your chin augmentation procedure. 

Fixing your profile with chin augmentation

I have added a link that might be helpful...

Hi canfield17.  There are several things to consider in deciding whether a chin implant is indicated.  If your dental bite is ok, and your nose is not overprojecting, then a small chin implant is a reasonable choice.  The implants can be used to provide chin lengthening vertically, as well as horizontally.  A small amount of liposuction of a heavy neck can provide some increased definition to the jawline.  An office consultation and measurements by a board certified Plastic Surgeon can help narrow your options.  Good luck!

Fixing My Profile

A chin augmentation with an implant will improve your profile and the balance of your lower face. I cannot tell from this picture but some patients like yourself benefit from liposuction of the neck.

Yes chin implant

Hi and thanks for posting your photo with your question. You are an attractive young lady.  I would wait until you are at least 18 years old to finish growing. You do have a weak chin that would easily be helped with a chin implant giving you nice balance. It is a straight forward procedure with minimal risk. Please consult with a board certified surgeon experienced in chin augmentation. 

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Weak chin

Hi.  You look like a beautiful young lady, who just happens to have a weak chin.  A chin implant surgery can help to give you better facial balance.

Best to see an experienced, board-certified plastic (or facial plastic) surgeon in your area to help you decide whether this option is helpful to you.