Can I get breast implants with little breast tissue ? (photos)

27 year old, no children, 200lbs and have PCOS. I been wanting to get implants since I was about 16, my breast never grew or developed. I have gain and lost weight this state being my heaviest at 200lbs. I currently use a 36A bra but I don't even come close to filling in the cups. Wondering if I can actually get breast implants and if so which woulda would be best in my situation. I would like to go up to a small D cup or if possible a DD. I do have a wide back hence I don't wan To go to small.

Breast augmentation

I think you would be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation.  However, your tissues may limit the size of the implant that can be safely placed.  To go from a small a cup to a double D cup is quite a jump.  The quality of your skin needs to be able to accommodate that much volume added all at once.  If your tissues are too tight, it can increase the risks of infection, contracture, malposition, etc.  Make a few different consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons.
Best of luck! Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Implants

Yes, you are a great candidate for breast augmentation.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a good candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Implants

In order to size you correctly, you would need to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.  Best of luck.

Can I get breast implants with little breast tissue ?

Yes, based on your photographs and description, you will likely be a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery at some point. Your photographs demonstrate features of constricted breasts; you will read much about this type of anatomic starting point on this website. Also, best to achieve your long-term stable weight, if you are not there already, prior to proceeding.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or  "D or DD  cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice. 
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast Implants?

If you are healthy and otherwise can tolerate anesthesia required for surgery, it is likely that breast augmentation is a possibility. Be sure to choose a board certified plastic surgeon for your consultation. He/She will be able to review your medical history, your current recommendations and perform an exam in person to determine if breast augmentation is right for you. Your plastic surgeon can help guide you to an appropriate size. Best of luck to you!

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Implants

Yes, you would probably have nice results with an augmentation. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon