Is Thermage my Best Option? (photo)

I am 36 and in shape. I'm 125# & my face makes me look tired and like I weigh much more. I see how half my face is more "droopy" and my jowls and neck are fatty &/or have sagging skin. I also want my eyelids lifted for sure. I could probably spend at most $3000. What would you suggest? If thermage could make an improvement for at least 2 years it would be worth it. I don't want surgery unless there's no other option. If not any of the above mentioned, what else is there?

Thermage

I don't believe Thermage will give you the results you want.  It's hard to determine just from a photograph but we would probably recommend the LazerLift procedure.  This procedure will remove any fat under chin along with tightening the skin under you chin, jawline and neck.  You should consider looking into that procedure.  To find a doctor near you go to the LazerLift web site and type in your zip code.  We have treated a patient with similar facial shape as yourself and she is very pleased with her results.

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Thermage?

It is difficult to judge. I would first say no to Thermage. I have seen too many unhappy patients following Thermage, including some significant skin issues they believe were created by Thermage.

In the profile photo, your head is turned which is distorting your neckline. I wonder f a conservative chin liposuction might be a consideration? May people with excess fat under the chin can appear much slimmer following chin liposuction.

You could address the eyes now, or wait. I don't think the eye area ages you much. If you do elect to go forward with eye surgery, please be conservative.  Removing fat from the upper eyelids and creating hollows can instantly age a person.

Please see several plastic surgeons for consultations. Look for a lot of before and after photos showing natural results. You are young and attractive. Take your time as you consider plastic surgery.  Below is a link to my before and after photo gallery. Notice the fullness in the upper eyelids. This can actually be a youthful feature

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Thermage, Kybella, and Cool-mini

An in office consultation is really the best way to determine what would be best for you.  If looks like there is a small amount of submental fat that can be reduced with Kybella or the Cool-mini.  Thermage will definitely tighten the area and I have had amazing results with no down time through Thermage.  You need to consult an expert who understands these procedures.  Best, Dr. Green

Ultherapy vs. Thermage in Los Angeles

I prefer the Ultherapy procedure as an alternative to a facelift and necklift. In my Los Angeles practice, we find the Ulthera procedure to be an excellent choice to tighten the lower face. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Thermage, Skin Tightening.

Thermage, with the new CPT tip, can stimulate collagen production and tighten tissue.  It is always a good idea to be pro-active with nonsurgical procedures to help maintain or improve slightly your tissues. 

Dr. Grant Stevens        Marina Plastic Surgery Associates          Marina del Rey, CA        

The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Thermage for Sagging Face

Although Thermage will not reshape your face, I think you are wonderful candidate for the treatment.  Because you are young, your skin will respond well to the radio frequency technology, especially with the comfort pulse technology (CPT) tip.  You should see an appreciable improvement of the eyes and neck and a subtle "perk" of the face. 

Hope this helps...

Elizabeth Piantanida, MD
Colorado Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Theramge

Theramge can give the subtle lift and tightening you are looking for without any downtime. It will help restore the collagen and achor the skin around the hairline and jaw to give a nice lift. Theramge can last up to 5 years however many patients like to do it every 1-2 years to stay head of the "droop". The pictures are great but it's also good to see someone for a consultation so we can accuratly see where the pulses would need to be centered and give a better assessment.

Eric Schweiger, MD