Can I get 3 surgeries at once? Brazilian Butt Lift, Breast Augmentation, Tummy Tuck?

Mommy makeover & BBL

Yes, it is possible to get all three at once. However, whether or not it's safe for you to do can only be determined with an in person exam. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

3 surgeries at once

Hello dear, thanks for your question.

This is a question that comes up often. 

It is certainly possible to offer multiple procedures to be done in the same setting, as long as you are healthy and the surgery can be done within a reasonable amount of time.

But is good to know several reasons of why is better to have two rounds:

1. The length of the operation- the longer an operation is, the greater the risk for you.
  2. After a Tummy Tuck, you will need to be a bit bent at the waist for comfort, and lying on your abdomen will be uncomfortable.
  3. After breast enhancement, I would not want you lying on your abdomen, or on your sides for a few weeks.
  4. After a Brazilian Butt Lift, I would ONLY want you lying on your abdomen, and NOT AT ALL on your back.
The whole point of pursuing these procedures, I assume, is to achieve the very best possible outcome, right?
I also assume you want to avoid problems after surgery as much as possible.
If these two assumptions are valid for most women, then combining these procedures would not be how I would recommend you proceed.

Here's the bottom line- most Board Certified Anesthesiologists would agree that if you are a healthy person, the risks of going to sleep twice (say 6-8 weeks apart) are MUCH LOWER than the risks to you of staying asleep for 5-8 hours and having a very limiting recovery period. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

BBL, Breast Augmentation, and Tummy Tuck at the Same Time

Thank you very much for your question.

Yes, you can have a tummy tuck, BBL, and breast augmentation at the same time. I would seek out a well-trained surgeon who commonly does these procedures for an in-person consultation. This is a large surgery, so depending on the facility and speed of your operative team, your surgeon may want to perform these staged.

If staged, I would do the BBL prior to any tummy tuck work, as some of the fat from the tummy wouldn't be available for transfer if it were already taken as part of the tummy tuck. The breast portion can be done at either surgery.

Mommy Makeover plus brazilian butt lift

Breast augmentation and a tummy tuck are generally considered safe combinations.  The addition of a Brazilian butt lift is something that can be considered on a case by case basis... a lot depends on the patient anatomy and how much time it will take to do a reasonable harvest of fat and then augmentation.  Longer surgeries can connote higher risk including, as Dr. Bruno noted, the risk of blood clots.  You should carefully discuss these issues with a board-certified plastic surgeon

John Y.S. Kim, MD, FACS

How many operations can be done safely during a mommy makeover?

Depending on your health and body size there's no reason these operations cannot be performed together. Your plastic surgeon will decide in your individual case where this is a good idea.

Multiple Procedures

Hi, thanks for your inquiry. Although it could be done and they are performed together commonly, it depends on the health status of the patient and experience of the surgeon. What you have to have in mind is that the recovery process would be more difficult if you stage the three together. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

It's difficult to combine all three procedures for a few reasons. Length of surgery being the most important. The longer the surgery, especially with a tummy tuck, the higher the risk of a blood clot developing in your legs. Also, you will be limited to a side to side position if you have any surgery on the front of your body and also on the back (BBL). Consult with a few plastic surgeons to review your medical history and formulate a plan; it may take two separate surgeries to accomplish your goals.

William Bruno, MD

Combining cosmetic plastic surgery procedures is not uncommon. Whether you are a reasonable candidate for those procedures depends on your anatomy, your medical history, the extent of the procedures, realistic expectations of the outcome and an understanding of the pros and cons of the various procedures.

Safety should always be the main concern. It is generally recommended that the length of elective surgery be less than six hours. The procedures should be performed in an ambulatory facility that is accredited by one of the national organizations like the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF) or in a licensed hospital. Many surgeons would recommend an overnight stay at an appropriate facility where you can be appropriately monitored. Most patients prefer undergoing one anesthesia and one recovery period which is usually more cost effective.

Having said all of that, some ethical well trained plastic surgeons would feel that the combination you are asking about is excessive and has significant risks factors if performed in one stage.

Keep in mind that following the advice of any surgeon on this or any other web site who proposes to tell you what to do without: examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, and taking a full medical history, as well as discussing the pros and cons of each operative option would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by The American Board of
Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with, and discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. That way, you can have a better idea what is safe and makes the most sense for you.

Before proceeding with a combination of these procedures, you should have medical clearance from your primary care physician and a discussion between him or her and your plastic surgeon.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

BBL breast aug and tummy tuck at once

Multiple surgeries are done in combination all the time. Mommy makeover type surgeries including the breasts and tummy tuck is the most common combination. BBL can be done at the same time. 

My only reservation is this combination means you will be lying on one set of surgeries at some point. Lid your buttock is grafted first, you will lay on it while the breasts and tummy tuck are performed.  Or you lay on your breast augmentation/tummy tuck while your buttocks is grafted. Neither are ideal and could compromise your result. 

Talk to your surgeon and good luck!

Multiple procedures

Multiple procedures can be done safely, but it depends on your health status (past medical history), your anatomy, and the amount of surgery/type of procedures to be done. In some cases, an overnight stay may be recommended. Most surgeons refer to a "mommy makeover" as a series of cosmetic surgery procedures intended to restore a woman’s figure after pregnancy. Please talk to your plastic surgeon to get their thoughts on the matter as they are most familiar with your medical history and overall health status.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX