Will areola pulling and puffiness after breast lift even out with time or will a revision need to be considered? (photos)

I have some pulling on part of my areola on one side and some puffiness towards the bottom part. It seems there is no swelling which I could see being the culprit of this. I am 5 weeks post and my other breast doesn't have this issue so I am wondering if this will possibly even out with time? Thank you for your time.

Areola puffiness

Thank you for your question and photos.  Most of the puffiness will resolve with time.  5 weeks is still quite early in the recovery process.  You really need to give it about 3-6 months to see the final result.  A lot of the pleating will flatten out as well.  

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and areola pulling and swelling afterward

Most likely they will improve with time.  You may not realize it but you still have some residual minute swelling that may conceal the final results.  Also, remember that the skin takes about six months to fully redrape to the new contour. 

Should you remain unhappy after six months, then a small revision is always possible. 

Good luck and best wishes. 

Areola

Yes this could improve with time.  Your areolas will adjust to the tension on them from the surgery but this could take as much as 1 year.  If they dont improve to your satisfaction, you could have a small revision.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

It takes 6 weeks to heal and I wait 12 months before any scar revision.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Scarring at 5 Week Post-Op

There can always be redness and thickening of scars after surgery. #Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem. These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing. If you have any concerns or worries about the red scar you have, it will be best to visit your surgeon to have the area examined to make sure that the healing process is moving along well and that there is no infection. Good luck.