Rhinoplasty 15 years ago, this last year swollen badly on one side. Will I need surgery again?

Hi.. I had nose surgery 15 years ago after it was broken several times in childhood.. I was so pleased with it.. the last year it has swollen badly on one side. I've seen a dr about it, he can't find anything wrong, now discharged me.. will I need surgery again?

Swelling 15 years post op

I am so sorry that you are experiencing this. Without seeing you in person, it is literally impossible to say what's going on. I would certainly suggest that you get second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and/or your regular doctor. Obviously, something is going on.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

It would be unlikely to have an issue that far down the road unless you have an implant in your nose or have developed infection. Red flag symptoms are pain, redness, drainage, fever, tenderness. If any of those have occurred you should continue to investigate the issue until the reason is determined.

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon