Bilateral Upper and Lower Ectropion Repair - 10 Days Post-op with Tissue Bump Above Incisions

I am 10 days post bilateral upper & lower ectropion repair. The surgery went well, and my incisions are healing nicely with dissolvable sutures. I was seen by my oculoplastic surgeon at 1 week post op and he was happy with the results so far. My only complaint is that I have a slightly tender bump/fold of tissue just superior to the top incisions. He didn't seem to think this is a problem. What might be causing this, and will it get better? Swelling? Underlying sutures?

You are only 10 days post-op so swelling is certainly a possibility.  If your surgeon saw it and wasn't worried about it, then it will probably go away when the swelling settles down. 

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon