Big Nose. Will Nasofix Work For Me or Should I Get Surgery? (photo)

My nose is too big for my face.Will using a device like nasofix actually help or should I opt for corrective surgery? What kind or corrective surgery would I need?

Big Nose. Will Nasofix Work For Me or Should I Get Surgery? (

Greetings

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Big Nose. Will Nasofix Work For Me or Should I Get Surgery?

I agree with Dr. Salzhauer. I had not heard of nasofix until reading your question. I've researched it and evaluated the manufacturer's website. Bottom line, there is no peer-reviewed or objective data to support the effectiveness of these devices. Further, the results shown on their website show changes to the nasal bones which the device is clearly not capable of producing. Those are surgical changes. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Doubt nasofix will work...

Hi Singh: 

I may be a bit biased, because I am a plastic surgeon after all...however, I don't think nasofix will correct the problem adequately. See a surgeon and get a full evaluation to see what would work...

Hope this helps,

Dr. Michael in Miami