Is my vagina normal?

Upper part is hanging. I am scared that any boy will not like it. He will think that i had a lot of sex. Do i need surgery?

"Normal" vaginal appearance

Labia vary widely in their size, shape and overall appearance. So there truly is a wide range for what constitutes a "normal" looking vagina. If you are unhappy with the appearance of your labia, then I definitely encourage you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about how the procedure can benefit you. Good luck!

Is my vagina normal?

Your vagina is not "abnormal" at all. You do, however, appear to have larger than average labia minor that are protruding. If this troubles you, it is a relatively simple matter to reduce the size of your labia minor, surgically or non-surgically. The surgical approach that I prefer is the wedge resection technique, as described by my friend and colleague, Plastic Surgeon Gary Alter, MD. As far as non-surgical approaches, CO2 laser treatments are quite effective and we offer the FemiTight treatment (a new treatment head for the FemiLift CO2 laser) and the results are reliably good. We also offer several Radiofrequency based platforms that are also effective for labiaminora reduction. Lastly we are no performing a research study for Viola Inc, wherein we are using the Viola Reaction to investigate how well this device works for labia minor reduction. This study will be submitted tot he FDA for formal treatment clearance. Good luck!

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Labia normal

If you don't like the way your labia looks, consider doing a labiaplasty performed. This can reduce the unwanted tissue that you feel is excess and improve the appearance of your labia so you can feel good about the way you look.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Hanging skin

I am not sure why you feel self conscious with normal anatomy. Has some one said something to you? Have you had a/some sexual relationship(s) that were not satisfactory? I will assume that you are a virgin and unsure of normal. Have you discussed this with your/a  Gynecologist? This would probably be a good place to start. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder," and perhaps you have been told something untrue.

Normal Labia

Labia vary in size and shape. Enlarged labia may be present after the start of menses or after changes with vaginal deliveries. This is not a sign of promiscuity, just an anatomical difference. When the size or appearance of the labia are bothersome, labiaplasty is an option. 

Labiaplasty + Clitoral hood reduction recommended

First and foremost having an enlarged hood and or  labias does not mean you had a lot of sex.
Second, your partner will like you no matter what or else he should not be your partner.

Get an evaluation from a cosmetic surgeon and make sure they have lots of experience and then decide.

Best of luck.

Normal vagina & choosing a surgeon

Ms Ps 4748:

You ask a very common question.  All vagina, which have not been traumatized, are normal.  Just like a nose or ears there are many variations and not one is better than the other it all really depends on how you feel about the appearance.  Only you can make a decision if your are unhappy with the appearance. If you are unhappy then seek the opinion of a cosmetic vaignal surgeon who has a lot of experience.  Go ti their website and see if they specialize in cometic vaginal surgery or they do all types of plastic surgery and cosmetic vaginal surgery is only a small portion of their practice (expertise). Determine who many of these procedure your potential surgeon has performed (experience)   Next look at their before and after pictures to see if they have great results ( results).   Remember you only have once chance to get it right....due diligence is important.... choose your surgeon wisely.

John R Miklos MD
Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Is my vagina normal

Thank you for the photograph, it is very helpful.  As the other physicians have said, you are normal.  The size and shape of the external labia varies greatly.  Depending on your own desire, you may elect to can the appearance, but this would require a surgery, called a labiaplasty.  This has generally be done in the office under local.  As to how much reduction in the labia is done would be a serious discussion between you and your surgeon. 

Is my vagina normal?

Thank you for your question and photograph. There is a wide variation in the size and appearance of a women's anatomy, and your vagina falls well within normal. Some women may have, or develop, enlarged or asymmetrical labia that can make exercise, sexual intercourse, or wearing certain types of clothing difficult. In these instances, a labiaplasty allows for a reduction in the size of the labia, while also making a more symmetrical pairing. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, who could perform a physical exam, would be able to give you a more definitive opinion.

Celia Mendes MD FACOG FAACS

Your vagina is completely normal . The lips or labia of the vagina come in all shapes and sizes . Yours is perfectly normal . The size or shape of your labia do not have anything to do with how many times you have sex, they do not change with having sex. 
I do not think you need surgery . 
Celia Mendes MD FACOG FAACS

Celia Mendes, MD
Fayetteville OB/GYN