Which one is the thinnest in appearance: ear cartilage, rib cartilage or silicone to use in rhinoplasty?

I ha a septoplasty of left inferior turbinate hypertrophy but the doctor seems to cut even some part of the alar cartilage and septal cartilage which one will be the best to replace in the cut portion ear cartilage or rib cartilage or silicone?

Cartilage Grafts

Septal cartilage is the easiest to work with and is the first choice of most surgeons. Ear cartilage has more curve to it and can be quite thin, making a second choice. Rib cartilage is thicker, stiffer, and usually bulkier than septal or ear cartilage. The advantage of rib is the quantity that can be harvested for use in rebuilding a damaged nose. These are the most common considerations for using grafts in the nose.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Septal cartilage is typically preferred for reconstruction during revision rhinoplasty.

The appearance of cartilage grafting may depend on placement, and the thickness of your nasal skin. Consider re-asking your question with photos, or consult with a revision rhinoplasty specialist so you could see what might be best for you moving forward. Thank you. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cartilage grafts

I am not exactly sure of what you are asking.  Grafts can be stacked to make them thicker. In general, ear cartilage it the flimsiest and thinnest.