Is surgery the only way to treat even a small amount of puffed nipples?

I'm a 22year male.im an intermediate bodybuilder with flat 4pack abs.but my nipples are puffed up.is it a type of gynecomastia.i didn't use any type of steroids till now.how to get rid of this without surgery?

Gland Excision procedure indicated

Hi. I understand. Will you able to send some pics of the chest for me to advice further. If its puffed up nipples, in majority of the cases it is due to the presence of glands and can be corrected with surgical excision only. 

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have regarding your chest wall. Correction of gynecomastia or breast reduction surgery may be indicated.
My best suggestion: when the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with.
Then, communicate your goals, concerns, and questions. Learn about the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with surgery. Going through this process, you will be able to make an informed decision whether or not to proceed.
You may find the attached link, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Treating Puffy Nipples

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.
As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. The surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.
#PuffyNipple surgery generally takes only an hour or two, and the recovery time is short; sometimes less than a week. There is minimal scarring and the success rate is excellent. Therefore, patients who suffer from "Puffy Nipples", and who view it as an unaesthetic and unpleasant condition, may desire surgical intervention to correct the "puffy nipple" condition.
Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

Puffy nipples are related to excess subareolar breast tissue. This can be removed via a stealth incision within the areola (pigmented tissue surrounding the nipples). I often do VASER liposuction, even though you might not have too much fat. This sculpts out the pectoralis major muscles and lateral chest wall for a more athletic look. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation/evaluation. BTW, there's no non-surgical treatment for this. Good luck.

Puffy nipples

Yes. Puffy nipples are usually due to glandular gynecomastia directly beneath the nipple-areola. Surgery is really the only cure but it is very successful and pretty easy to recover from.

Gynecomastia Treatment

Hi pein,
Thanks for the post. Without a photo it is difficult to give you specific advice on your situation. But if you have puffiness under the nipples and it is firm, it is likely breast tissue, especially if you are lean everywhere else. If it is breast tissue excess then only surgery can predictably and accurately treat it. I recommend that you be evaluated by a surgeon who specializes in this procedure and do not hesitate to travel if there isn't a specialist in your area.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD