I'm confused that I have gyno or chest fat? (photos)

I have been going to gym from 2 months.. whenever i do some chest excercises it is getting tight for a while

Liposuction and Gland Excision

Hi. You seem to having gland tissues which will not go away with just gymming. You will benefit from Liposuction and Gland Excision. 

Gynecomastia or fat

It is best to have a physical examination  board-certified plastic surgeon to determine how much fatty vs. glandular tissue is present. This will let you know whether there is a chance of it responding to diet or exercise. #gynecomastia #Fat

Gynecomastia?

I think you have glandular gynecomastia based on your shape. Only an exam could tell for sure. Good luck.

Gynecomastia

I appreciate your concern, but physical exam would be helpful. However, your photo demonstrates possibly mild Gynecomastia which is usually treated by liposuction alone. The scars are small and well hidden. Insurance may or may not cover it, depends on your policy. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about Gynecomastia, as you may find it helpful. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Gynecomastia

Gynecomastia is enlargement of the male breast with no reference to what caused it, fat, glandular enlargement or both. Therefore, you have gynecomastia. If this is new, you need to see youyr family doctor to decide what is causing it. Once you do that, you can decide if it is reasonable to remove it and see a plastic surgeon.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

Hi akshay,
Thanks for the post and photos. You have gynecomastia but without an in person examination is difficult to determine whether it is due to fatty tissue, breast tissue, or both. I recommend seeing a plastic surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia surgery. It is not uncommon for patients to travel if there is no one in their area who is experienced at treating gynecomastia.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Fat or gland

Only an in person consultation will help you answer that question -- but no matter which , if at surgery excess gland is found it is removed - otherwise it is just liposuction.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Probably a combination of both...

Thank you for the question and pictures. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Most likely, based on the photographs, you have a combination of "excess" breast tissue and adipose tissue present.

Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link/video helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Gynecomastia

You need to be evaluated in person. If it is only fatty tissue than lipo alone is adequate.  If  you have glandular tissue, then you might need direct excision.

You have gynecomastia and are a good candidate for gynecomstia surgery,just chose the right surgon

How should I choose a surgeon? Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter. 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.So be extremely careful choosing the right Plastic Surgeon at the beginning.

Mordcai Blau, MD