The right side of my nipple is still puffy after a month of surgery. What to do now?

What to do now??

Puffiness at one month

At one month post gynecomastia surgery, it is common to have swelling of the areola.  Be patient with the results.

Swelling after gynecomastia surgery

One month is still early in the healing time. Swelling can be asymmetrical and last up to nine weeks. The compression garment you are given can help with swelling. Give yourself more time to heal but consult with your surgeon if you continue to have concerns  #Swelling #Postop 

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after gynecomastia surgery. Your surgeon will always be your best resource for accurate diagnosis, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance. Once complications such as hematoma or seroma has been ruled out, then it will be your best interest to allow for at least 3 to 6 months to pass before evaluating the final outcome of the procedure performed. At that point, it will be possible to determine whether any residual "puffiness" is related to residual breast tissue or maturing scar tissue. Treatment, if necessary, of course will vary depending on this diagnosis. Again, key will be close follow-up with your surgeon and ongoing patience once acute complications have been ruled out. Best wishes.

Much too soon to worry

you need to allow 6-12 months after surgery. the puffiness will almost certainly settle down with more time. your two breasts will always have some minor difference. you will very likely be very pleased with your final result.
hang in there and be more patient.

sincerely
david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Puffy nippie after surgery

1 month after breast surgery is very soon to worry about puffiness. You should be patient, massage with vitamin E and or A oil, wear a tight bra with compression over the area.   

Christopher Johnson, MD, MSc, FACS