Severe overcorrection? (Photo)

I'hv gone through ptosis surgery yesterday. Is it overcorrected? Please help.

Over Correction after ptosis surgery

Did you just have surgery on the right eye, or both. In general, I always tell patients that while the surgery may only take an hour, the healing phase can take up to a year. That being said, over the next two weeks, you will see that there is bruising and swelling. The swelling can take about 6 weeks to subside. I usually like to wait about 4 weeks to see if any revision is necessary for ptosis surgery. It looks like your surgeon knows what he is doing, so I would just speak with him regarding your concerns and ask about what a reasonable time frame would be. Good luck!

Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

It does not appear to be over corrected.

It is expected that the lid will have some limitation in looking down.  It straight ahead photos, the position of the upper eyelid looks very symmetric.

Ptosis Surgery

It is difficult to tell from the angle of the photo the exact eyelid position.  Also it is only one day post op.  If you are concerned I would contact your doctor.  It can take a few days for the eyelid to settle, so I tell patients not to jusdge the height in the first few days post op.  Good Luck.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon