How scar tissue are treated post op?

I want to know how can a scar tissue treated after the liposuction surgery? If the scar tissue is excised surgically then what will replace the area of the scar tissue

Liposuction scar - how is it treated?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction scar.
  • Most liposuction scars are small and do not need additonal treatment.
  • Occasionally one will heal poorly and need treatment - either removal or steroid injection.
  • We always heal with scar - but the goal of removing a poor scar is to have the area heal better the second time around and it often does.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Scar Tissue after Liposuction

This issue can be complicated.  Scarring is a process that occurs over time after surgery.  Your body goes through a very natural process of healing.  In that process collagen is formed, built up to give structure and then remodeled to remove any excessive collagen.I typically will tell patients that they have to wait 6 months to a year to have any further surgery completed.  The main point is that a physical examination is necessary to accurately assess the quantity of scar tissue.

Paul C. Dillon, MD