Can rhinoplasty improve thick bulbous tip with broad nose?

I consulted one plastic surgeon in my locality he told me that you has thick skin with broad nose and can't do rhinoplasty to my nose l felt very bad can my nose fixed with my thick skin at western countries

Need better photos

There are limitations with thick skin and as a result you may not obtain the results your looking for.  In order to give you a better recommendation we need better photos of your nose/face. 

Thick skin outcomes with rhinoplasty

Having thick skin does not preclude having a rhinoplasty. Perhaps the surgeon that you saw did not feel comfortable doing the surgery or perhaps the outcomes desired were not attainable.  You can consult with another surgeon or two to get different opinions. Having realistic expectations is key as some aspects of anatomy might not change dramatically. 

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD, FACS
Bethesda Facial Plastic Surgeon

A rhinoplasty certainly can be performed but if your tissues are very thick, then you might not get the refinement of the tip that you m right desire.

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

While there are some limitations of what can be achieved in patients with thicker skin, the areas that concern you can be realistically improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty. Patients with thicker skin can get a significant improvement in the appearance of the nose but need to be realistic about the result.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do and how to do it based on limited two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive ethnic rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon