Is it possible to reduce the bulgy appearance of my eyes? (photos)

I would like to know various treatments to reduce my bulgy eye My thyroid checkups are normal and I get inherited this from my father Thanks for the answers

Bulging eyes

There are many causes of bulging eyes but when they occur without thyroid disease it is often a cosmetic problem but can also cause dryness.  There are several options form moving the eyes back to camouflaging the prominence.  We specialize in moving the eyes back and reducing the bulging but this is very specialized and you should seek an opinion from an orbital and oculoplastic surgeon who has done hundreds of these cases.  Downside can be double vision but in the right hands it is very low.

Is it possible to reduce the bulgy appearance of my eyes?

There is a treatment for bulging eyes but it is not for everyone. You have to be evaluated.  See following link for more information, videos, etc.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bulging eyeballs

Bulging eyeballs can be improved significantly with surgery.  You should see an experienced oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation first.

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulging eye

The most common reason for this is a hyperactive thyroid, but you would need a CT scan to make sure nothing else is going on. Once it has been stable for 6 months an oculoplastic surgeon can do an orbital decompression to allow the eye to sink back.

Byron A. Long, MD
Marietta Oculoplastic Surgeon

Yes, there is surgery to reduce the prominence of your eye, but it is very specialized. I would suggest meeting with an oculoplastic surgeon to discuss all your concerns. Sometimes, surgery on the lower lids can improve your looks.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon